Earthquakes 2022

I’m thinking running to find the nearest steel I-beam would be the best place.

Jumping under a desk or in a doorway is only going to protect you for things falling in that immediate room. But if floors topple it will not help.

Standing next to a vertical steel I-beam or concrete support with rebar is going to be the safest and it’s more probable to stand up even with floors toppling.

Someone made the news for almost running stark naked. Stopped to put pants on… unfortunately in front of the camera.

He was showering. His family, wife and kids, escaped first. He followed…best he could.

He released it, didn’t he?

This is me, basically every morning, trying not to be late for work.

1 Like

I’m thinking about the hotel in Hualien in CNY 2018 (?) and feeling like if the floors go toppling, you’re SOL no matter what…

1 Like

I thought the advice was to sit next to the refrigerator?

I guess the water swayed from side to side, sending the fish out.

1 Like

Google is your friend.
https://www.gi.alaska.edu/alaska-science-forum/earthquake-sensing-fish#:~:text=Sound%20waves%20generated%20in%20water,than%20a%20person%20can%20hear.

1 Like

Felt one.

Whole house just shook back and forth. Pretty long.

North coast.

2 Likes

Great time to be 12th floor of takashimaya

2 Likes

WTF HUGE one

That was a wobbler

Another one in Da’an.

Felt some shaking near Zhongshan Jr High

Jiggle jiggle in Taipei Daan 4th floor

1 Like

huge sanxia

Damn…still felt nothing, but my nephew said he felt it. No one else did.

Rolling and swirling in Taipei. Like a whirlpool. Kind of long too.

Came on here just to check I wasn’t imagining the wobble just then. Thankfully my marbles are still intact.

1 Like

Taitung 5.9
We get quite a wobble 10th floor Taichung.

Smaller than yesterday’s, is it safe to assume these are smaller aftershocks and not foreshadowing of something bigger yet to come?