Earthquakes 2022

Well, statistically speaking, we had a quake on one in every three days in 2022. That’s a lot, right? :whistle:

4 Likes

Just that last year they had 4 big quakes and this year we are starting with the strongest so far, he says … :crazy_face: :noway:

In other news, damage to Yilan highway, lots of rocks fell and road cracked. May interrupt traffic.

Ah, a robust seismological analysis then.

Reminds me of the beginning of 2020, when we got one every couple of days…

Still have no idea what the alarm in my house was.

Do I have a hidden earthquake alarm?

1 Like

As long as it is not the fire alarm.

One thing I do not like is that since the alarm crisis, we do not get any warnings ahead. I mean, even though it was only a 4 in Taipei, how about the people in Hualien/Yilan?

2 Likes

When was your last prostate exam? Tell your Dr. you found his iwatch.

4 Likes

I wasn’t sure if I was imagining things or not, but I seemed to feel an earthquake. I was lying down at the time. Nobody else in the cabin I’m staying at (in rural Taichung, near the town of Dogshih) felt it.

Turns out it was a biggie!

2 Likes

My first instinct was to run outside and I stood up to go, even though I know better.

It’s kind of a toss-up, building squishes you like a pancake or something falls on you running out the door .

Music from the heavens? Nope, the ceiling lamp. Turn up the volume.

民視影音

If you go outside, do look up.

Edit
And the explanation for not sounding the alarm? The quake was too far our, far from the sensor stations. By the time they got it…it was there

規模6.0地震全台搖很大!國家警報沒反應

https://tw.news.yahoo.com/規模-60-地震全台搖很大!國家警報沒反應-105906341.html

1 Like

The stairwell is usually the most reinforced section of a highrise. I didn’t plan to walk down the stairs, but to stay next to the most supported column in the building.

4 Likes

Putting on some decent shoes sounds sensible to me. Better than potentially stepping on broken glass or other debris in socks!

Guy

I completely missed that one as I was driving home. :disappointed:

It records the post time up to the millisecond as a unix timestamp [data-time]. But that only can be seen in the page source.

<span title="Jan 3, 2022 5:47 pm" data-time="1641203279453" data-format="tiny" class="relative-date">4h</span>

@Andrew post was 10.481 seconds earlier

:grin::+1:

3 Likes

No alarm in Yilan today

1 Like

That settles it then! Thanks!

:crown: :trophy:

4 Likes

Not that awful.

Wait a minute… affected COUNTRIES? “Taiwan, AND China”? :star_struck:

5 Likes

One little earthquake.

Nearly 100 posts about it.

Jesus, people, it’s Taiwan, we get earthquakes from time to time, deal with it.

2 Likes

Someone’s jealous that they missed out on the party. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

They are dealing with it.

6 Likes