Earthquakes 2022

Request a helmet. Or refuse to go.

Guy

1 Like

Among the retrospective looks back at the huge 921 earthquake, this conversation with structural engineer Tony Yang (a prof at UBC, and a UC Berkeley trained scholar) is quite informative about some of the changes that have happened in Taiwan since 1999. I just wish this conversation were longer!

Guy

4 Likes

Nope. I once saw a Zace that looked worse though it may no longer exist, , and it was in an aboriginal village so perhaps shouldn’t count.

1 Like

Was there during and after the two quakes last week. It’s fine. Wear a helmet if you want to be extra careful.

1 Like

:face_in_clouds:

Some sadist made a video compilation. In memory of a week ago:

Do not mute.

6 Likes

I don’t think I can watch 20 minutes of that.

The scary thing is I can recognize several of those places. Poor Yuli! :slightly_frowning_face:

Guy

2 Likes

Yep, we are very brave up North where we were spared the scare. I remember experiencing those rolling quakes back in the old country. In the middle of downtown was the worst. Stuff falling off shelves at home.

However, the issue of quakes covers the whole island here.

My old boss was super rich but drove around an old Zace to do maintenance on his properties. It could be in the running.

Well this aboriginal one had a bonnet entirely covered in rust, I THINK with some small perforations. Not seen another in quite such advanced decay.

I dont have any original paint on my roof or bonnet, so it looks bad cosmetically, but I disapprove of rust, so I treat it with sunflower oil and rub with aluminium. Mostly keeps it at bay.

Those guys jumping into cooling boxes 3:40 :joy:

3 Likes

hey its the tiktok song my students are always singing.
zhen de barbecue le barbecue le-

1 Like

Darwinism seems less terrible when tiktok is mentioned.

Anyone for round two?

First! Although I’m six minutes late

looks like you got it all to yourself.

I wasn’t making it up!

1 Like

I got the two incoming warnings, but did not lift a finger because

e93

:grin:

4 Likes

You’re so hungry to be first you even photoshop a goverment website to back you up. Thats some dedication :wink:

1 Like

Hotel shaking Chiayi. Old building.

A few of us noticed it. Maybe something else shaking building as no notices.