Easy home dinner ideas

I’m trying to cook more at home for health reasons. The time spent on the whole process (shopping, cooking, clean up) is a bit of a palaver. Eating out here can be done on the cheap, but it’s not all too healthy.

I have an oven and recently invested in an Instantpot. Grilling veg and fish has been easiest, but it’s getting a bit dull now.

What do you do for easy weekday cooking?

1 Like

We have this thread, maybe others

3 Likes

I’ll take a look. Thanks.

Stocking fridge with frozen food opened my world to easily cooking at home.

Always have frozen meats and veggies, so cuts way back on needing a store trip as part of meal prep.

I do a lot of steaming. Didn’t realize can steam nearly anything. With right pot set up can add separate foods at the right time so all done same time. And no oily mess.

3 Likes

how long can frozen meat stay frozen? i know there’s an expiration date on most grocery-bought meats, but i’m wondering if i can extend beyond that if i freeze the meat?

Spaghetti, dumplings with sauce, sweet and sour chicken with rice /I buy a small pack of chicken /snack/ at 7/11, sometimes I cook big dish on Sunday /shepherd’s pie/ divide it into portions and keep it in the freezer, sweet or savoury pancakes…

This carbonara recipe is bretty gud and quick and easy. One of my go-tos

1 Like

Yea, trying to keep momentum going with this method: spend a few hours in the kitchen on Sunday, portion & freeze, then more or less sorted for the week. Got to learn some better recipes though to keep my interest. Might start meal planning a week in advance to get better at this.

Maybe a few months? Using proper freezer bags (they’re thicker and Costco sells them) helps minimize freezer burn. Here’s a read from Alton Brown about the freezer.

1 Like