EasyWallet

It’s called money, aka cash. Going digital and cashless will be our biggest regret for domestic issues in a couple decades. A few bills and change is NOT a pain to carry…bunch of friggen princesses if freesom isnt worth 150 grams extra weight in your pockets. Starting to sound like a bunch of Germen college students on a 10 day hiking trip. Farck sakes!

4 Likes

The problem with 7-11 is anything that is considered payment on the behalf of someone else absolutely must be in cash because they are not “purchases” which means it doesn’t generate a receipt. And since credit card can only be used on transaction that results in a receipt, anything like paying bills, adding money to the easy card, etc. can’t accept anything but cash. So you can’t load your easy card with credit card for example.

It sucks but that’s how the system is…

OK boomer

Had to google that one. Baby boomer? No such luck :frowning:

Hopefully more and more people start thinking about what going cashless will mean in the future. If the pants are too heavy, buy a belt…or tie the string. Friggin hippies :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I am NOT looking forward to a cashless world

1 Like

The US is already cashless… China is cashless too. They say it’s more “future” and all that but think about it: The government knows everything you buy, your habits, your sex life, etc.

Companies use these information to target how they advertise to you and all that…

The US wasn’t so cashless back in 2002 but it is now. Europe isn’t completely cashless (as far as I know, and as of 2011) because other than your EC card, which not everyone accepts, it’s basically cash and credit card is not favored there. I’ve been to stores in Europe that doesn’t like taking EC cards if your purchase is below like 5 euros. Cash is still king there.

In the US I never had cash around. Everyone takes cards. Even the food stands, because they use that Square trade thing that plugs into a smart phone. But the problem is now everyone has to be able to take cards, meaning working with companies like Paypal that can end up robbing you blind by holding your money for years over technicalities. I mean people still use checks in the US (whereas Taiwan and EU doesn’t even use unless it’s B2B transactions), but it’s not really favored since people can and do write bad checks. I mean Walmart can take checks where you just hand them a blank check and they deduct the purchase amount from your checking account instantly (almost like using a debit card), but cash is almost useless there now.

I get what your saying. Mostly agree. But the us isnt cashless. The general population definately uses plastic and digital transfers a lot, but it is a choice still. And one can still use cash everywhere.

Im not on social media, no credit cards etc. Im sure they see and advertise towards what i look at on my phone but thats about it. I pay everything in cash, though i am often paid via transers. The convenience is nice, but people in countries taking away cash are beyond F’d soon enough.

1 Like

Canada has been cashless for over 20 yrs. The USA only more recently. Personally I kinda like the whole cash culture in Taiwan as I find I spend less overall . Swiping a card isn’t as painful psychologically.

I do use local credit cards but generally only for gas and at department stores.

Canada is not cashless…but the society certainly is brainless and embracing it fast. Everytime i go back to canada i still just pay in cash. The one thing i noticed, which people should pay attention to, is the removal of payphones. That was a shocker for me in a city near where i grew up. I agree canada is pretty dumb and sheeple like, so will likely go cashless before many others if the world doeant wake up. But foe now it isnt. In fact, canadian mint is still quite respected worldwide.

Reminds when canada scrapped the $2 bill and went to twoonies. Dumb move co sider the pussies now not being able to handle a few grams but at the time we ate it all up. I made a few hundred buying the 2 bills and selling them to coin shops once they stopped accepting them. Stop making an easily printed, light wieght currency and make a heavy expensive and double coin (insert) style to replace. That is canadian logic. Or a long term plan to phaseout physical currency. Who knows. Dumb either way.

So far havent seen many countries going cashless. The people might get into xxx pay convenence but its not offically a cashless society because line or apple opens an app. Whereas place like india and china are places where things go pear shape fast when they do that stuff…

I experienced that recently, just as a foreigner you are cut off from so many services because you can’t pay for stuff.

3 Likes

OK sheep.

Dystopia will be ushered in not at the end of a gun barrel but by regular people themselves who vote in globalists and then pat themselves on the back for being so brave and progressive.

2 Likes

Ok

'till quantum computing

Stop being ageist - it is discriminatory.

1 Like

Yesterday in Germany during the busiest time of the year card payments from most customers were declined due to a technical error at payment processor BS Payone. Chaos ensued… :grin:

2 Likes

Germany is still a very much cash based country

But i thought all these great tech afvances were fool proof and 200% safe???

Haha. People wont u derstand until they have been fuckered by such things.

It is funny how people blindly follow an ideology. Be it cashless systems or whatever. Blindly following anything is bad news. We shouldnt carry around bias, thats what the scientific/logic side of things suggests. But we all still have our strong opinions. The hard part is thinking ahead before our bias opinions f*ck everyone. Wars wpuldnt happen if we could as a high majority practice this.

Either way though, merry christmas to everyone. But buy your gifts in cash :wink:

I am not a boomer by the way :wink:

1 Like

I want options. Cash is a good option still. But other methods of transaction is welcomed

2 Likes

Good I want to use cash. I don’t want to become a prisoner of my phone. As, long as companies keep allowing cash I’m fine.

3 Likes

They will get rid of cash pretty soon. Promote the use of crypto good sirs.:grinning:
Hal Finney knew this day was coming.

2 Likes