Eateries with no corkage fee

As I desire beer less and less, and enjoy a dram of whisky more and more, I find myself seeking out restaurants that let you bring your own booze at no cost.

Le Blanc is one such place. You get one empty glass and they charge you 100nt for each additional glass. A bit on the pricey side for their food, but with basically at-cost booze it kind of works out.

2 Likes

The choice is yours. Cheap everything doesn’t really work out for businesses.

Le Blanc have been around for some years and they do a good business. They’re doing something right. My guess is that not many take advantage of their corkage deal.

1 Like

I love Leblanc. The service is also top notch. Food is good and actually fairly priced.

2 Likes

The Thai restaurant below is an example of a small, family-run restaurant that would be very open about you bringing your own bottle. Just order a decent amount of food and maybe a beer or two just to be polite, and they’re very cool about it. This Thai restaurant is what I would consider budget (about 1,000 nt for a family of four, but we don’t order too much seafood). They’re not Taiwanese. I think from Burma but I’m not sure now. It’s very good and they de-vein the shrimp in their shrimp dishes (when not cooked in the shell), which is a HUGE plus for me.

I imagine you could find such restaurants all over the place. You just have to ask if they’re okay with you having your own alcohol.

1 Like

Went there last night for a special occasion. I see they give each person one glass and they charge you if you need to change glasses.

Le Blanc was excellent as always. And packed on a Thursday night for some reason.

2 Likes

Do they have Tom Yum soup? I am planning all the places I will eat at when I get back haha.

1 Like

Don’t forget to try the wings from Leblanc, they are pretty good. I think theres some deal on them late night on the week days.

Yes, they do. It’s not anything special. The restaurant, I mean. But if you are in the area (I do go to that area often) and don’t want to spend much for slightly above average Thai food, it’s a great place for that.

I was surprised to see people still entering when we were leaving. I guess some people go for that kind of thing later in the evening.

1 Like

I went there late night a few times. The staff is really nice IME. Got a bunch of fries and wings. They also have a pretty good burger. I see many couples and young people there at night having a good time.

1 Like

Brother Hotel buffet on the 13th floor. They charge 50nt for the glass you use. 800 nt for a decent dinner buffet. Sashimi and roast beef went great with the Glenmorangie 10 year.

Maybe next time bring a plastic cup, saves 50 NT$.

1 Like

Just stumbled across this thread from the algorithm. Anyone have a location for this Thai restaurant? I can see it’s Taipei but that about it with my very limited Mandarin reading skills and I can’t Google Translate a picture.

# One place I can recommend is Kunming Halal Restaurant.

# No. 26號, Lane 81, Fuxing North Road, Songshan District, Taipei City, 105

# 105台北市松山區復興北路81巷26號

# It’s Islamic so they don’t sell alcohol but we used to bring beer there and the owner was fine with it. Haven’t been there in years but the food used to be great. Probably the same ownership but you might want to call ahead to check. I must go back there soon.

# This being when restaurants go back to indoor dining. I’m hoping they will allow outdoor and spaced dining next week. Restaurants are hurting bad now.

(Don’t know why this post came out all in bold but I can’t fix it. Mods?)

Let me know if this doesn’t work.

泰風情泰式料理
02 8785 7833

1 Like

Ah, Song Shan area. Worked perfectly, thanks marasan. No English menu according to one review, makes it less likely though.

1 Like