Edge is putting tabs to sleep quite aggressively: how do I handle it?

I’m finding that Edge is putting tabs to sleep quite aggressively these days. I’ve tried to tweak the options… has anyone else noticed? I only have 3 tabs open, and when I tab switch, the other tab is sleeping and has to reload. How do I stop this behavior? Thanks!

Try searching on Google. Saw quite a few solution hits on the topic, or are they not working?

1 Like

Easy, don’t use Edge… :laughing:

(No, really, literally any other browser is better. E.g. try Brave, or DuckDuckGo’s, even Opera!)

Yep. Not working consistently. The ‘settings’ options don’t seem to work. I’ve only got three tabs now, two of which I just opened. I might need to switch to another browser, but Edge has been my preferred browser for a while. I have 3 others installed currently. I don’t always appreciate the MS kitchen sink philosophy but it has introduced a few good options!

So I just updated Windows to the latest and greatest version of 10. Rebooted. Tweaked a couple of settings in EDGE and it seems to have reverted to its old behavior. Problem fixed. For now. That’s living on the EDGE…!

Brave browser

2 Likes