Education Services for Students with Autism

After exhausting all of my internet search capabilities for the past several months, I have found almost no resources pertaining to treatment for children with autism in Taipei in English. I have been living in Taipei for the past 5 months and have recently finished by BCBA (Board Certified Behavior Analyst) certification exam and I am very eager to start working with some students with autism using Applied Behavior Analysis. My Chinese language skills are non-existent, so I am limited to working with English speaking families.

There is one reputable organization, SEEK (seekeducation.org/), but when I contacted them they said they only work with Chinese speaking families. Also, several people have referred me to the Community Services Center, but the services they offer for children with autism are very limited. TAS does not have any Special Education program.

With the large number of foreigners in Taipei and given that the prevalence of autism is greater than 1 in 100 children, I am sure that there are many families searching for evidence-based therapy for their children on the autism spectrum. If anyone can help me to get in touch with an organization, individual, or group who may help me with this search, please send me a PM. I’m sure there are expat parents with children on the spectrum who have experienced this problem.

Thanks for your help!

There is a wonderful group called Taiwan Sunshine that might be able to help you. Their website is taiwansunshine.org and they work with students with all disabilities in English and Chinese. The info below is from the website:

“Please don’t hesitate to email us at info@taiwansunshine.org or call 0972-216-381 for more information.”

Have you tried contacting The Center in Tienmu?

communitycenter.org.tw/