Eh! Canada! Keep Your Loonies. We're Full up!

[quote]Police confirmed Wednesday that they found about a pound of sodium cyanide in a Denver hotel room where the body of a Canadian man was discovered earlier this week.

Police spokesman John White identified the white powder as sodium cyanide, the crystal form of cyanide. Fire officials say they found a bottle containing about a pound of the white powder, or between a pint and a quart by volume.

An expert told the Denver Post that the amount of cyanide is enough to kill hundreds of people.[/quote]

[quote]
One could be exposed to cyanide by breathing air, drinking water, eating food or touching soil that contains cyanide, the CDC reported.

Inhaling large doses of cyanide could cause comas, seizures, heart attacks, and even death after a few moments.[/quote]

A pound of cyanide? Geeezus. That could put a damper on Obama’s run.

[quote]
On Tuesday, firefighters and hazmat crews joined the FBI at the hotel, where they cordoned off the neighborhood surrounding the hotel for a second time, and used the case as a “training exercise” in preparation to the Democratic National Convention.

The upscale Burnsley Hotel is about two miles away from the Pepsi Center, where the DNC will be held from Aug. 25-Aug. 27. However, it is not on the list of hotels where delegates are staying.

The last day of the DNC will be held at Invesco Field at Mile High, which is three miles away from the hotel.[/quote]
Ouch…biblical proportions of death there…
thedenverchannel.com/news/17 … n&psp=news

I keep my loonies in a jar.

[quote=“Maoman”]I keep my loonies in a jar.

[/quote]
can’t see anything. Your looniness is infectious.

This place is full of those bent on loonage.

I’m guessing that with the current state of the U.S. economy you could do with as many loonies as possible.

They’re not worth much these days.

As compared to when? Five years ago the loon was worth 2/3 of a yankee dollar, but then it steadly grew stronger until this year it was actually worth more than the yank buck for a while. It’s now settled back down to 1.06, which is still much higher than it was before the 1980s.

Everyone would love to see the loonie fall even lower in value against the American dollar, or at least back to a somewhat normal 1.15 or so. That would be ideal.

As compared to when? Five years ago the loon was worth 2/3 of a yankee dollar, but then it steadly grew stronger until this year it was actually worth more than the yank buck for a while. It’s now settled back down to 1.06, which is still much higher than it was before the 1980s.

Everyone would love to see the loonie fall even lower in value against the American dollar, or at least back to a somewhat normal 1.15 or so. That would be ideal.[/quote]
Why? Won’t a strong greenback bring the price of oil down? And then it’ll be easier to pump oil from the ground and Canada’s tar sands will revert to their earlier state of cost-prohibitiveness?

Either way, this thread is about keeping crazy fucking canadians bent on destruction oot of the USA. :raspberry:

[quote=“Surly”]
Either way, this thread is about keeping crazy fucking canadians bent on destruction oot of the USA. :raspberry:[/quote]
Indeed. And I must say, the system is a total failure. Why even just the other day, a total feckless fool such as I was allowed to visit Waterton, NY.* with no real scrutiny at all.
{*locale for “A Fan’s Notes” by Frederick Exley }.

As of June 2009, Canadians will have to present  a passport to visit the US.