Electric Drills

I need to buy an electric drill and I was wondering if there is an altenative to B and Q which always seems so expensive. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I’ve recently found drills to be very good value at B&Q.
Much more so now than, say, 3 years ago. When was the last time you checked?

All the hardware shops carry drills. Just ask where the nearest 五金行 wu3 jin1 hang2 (hardware store) is.

I bought a really nice Bosch about 2 years ago at the hardware store on Ji Long and He Ping in Taipei.

I love this drill and its got a great assortment of attachments, bits and also screws, nuts, washers etc. great carrying case, really a

hit at most parties I attend.

Be aware that the shop is closed on Sundays like all hardware stores in Taiwan. :loco:

I’ve bought shitty hand drills from China and like any shitty product from China they last a few weeks.

Recommend the Bosch.

When you are out on a rural hiway, scooting along, enjoing the day, watch for the little blue truck parked along the way. You will see displays of about every kind of tool imaginable, including what you are looking for. But . . . . I’m not sure if you will find a legible serial number. But . . . good value and you can find what you need. At least in the way of these kind of tools.

You will find something like this in Xindian on Fuxing Rd. right before you cross the river to Zhonghe/Yonghe. I never bought anything there, but the truck is almost always there and they spread out the tools on the sidewalk near some big walled in building, a school or military compound.

Real men use air tools. If you don’t have a compressor, you’re basically a female.

Anyone know anywhere you can rent/borrow one of these things?
I am in Shi-Da/Da’an area.

[quote=“Mawvellous”]Anyone know anywhere you can rent/borrow one of these things?
I am in Shi-Da/Da’an area.[/quote]

I’ll rent you mine. Name your price. :sunglasses:

[quote=“citizen k”][quote=“Mawvellous”]Anyone know anywhere you can rent/borrow one of these things?
I am in Shi-Da/Da’an area.[/quote]

I’ll rent you mine. Name your price. :sunglasses:[/quote]

Citizen K, that would be great! Where are you located?
:sunglasses:

Personally I like B&Q very much and don’t consider their drills to be expensive for the quality. I quite favour their returns policies too, which are a huge selling point for me.

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”]I bought a really nice Bosch about 2 years ago at the hardware store on Ji Long and He Ping in Taipei.

I love this drill and its got a great assortment of attachments, bits and also screws, nuts, washers etc. great carrying case, really a

hit at most parties I attend.[/quote]
I don’t like the Bosch design. The blood and bone splinters seem to get sucked up into the chuck mechanism, making cleaning a bitch. Motor’s also too powerful, so the job gets done too quickly to call it “real” punishment.

[quote=“Mawvellous”]Citizen K, that would be great! Where are you located?
:sunglasses:[/quote]

Close to Wanfang Hospital. PM me if you are serious.