Electric Qi Gong Treatement in Taipei - Where to find.

Hi guys.

I just joined so I can ask you guys where to find this person, or this type of treatment in Taipei, if it’s still even around:

Thank you for the help.

That is dangerous to apply electric current from a wall socket in this way. As a kid, I stuck my finger to touch an electrical outlet and got badly zapped. As an adult, a friend asked me to help him adjust a live TV monitor and he assured me that the metal frame was grounded. It was not grounded, and I got a shock with 110 volts AC. If I had been unlucky, that might have killed me. Taking live current from wires plugged directly into a wall outlet is not advisable.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, but I still want to give this treatment a go.

There are a lot of things that are dangerous in this world, and this article is from many years ago, so if this guy’s still around, it seems like his method is done relatively safe, effective or not.

I don’t want to turn this into a discussion about the merits of this treatment, or the safety of it, but just find out where it needs to be done.

Here’s a chain of clinics that offers it. They have branches in Sanchong and Tucheng.

電針 | 特色醫療 | 仁心中醫診所 | 仁心聯醫 - 中醫聯合醫療體系!

That seems relatively less risky, since they mention use of a device to regulate the current, and the need to avoid current through the heart.

The original article mentions using a wire stuck directly into the wall outlet, which is very dangerous.

It’s a form of treatment that’s been around for quite a while, so I assume they have the safety protocols worked out.

1 Like

Electro-acupuncture is indeed a practice in Taiwan. Electroacupuncture: What Is It, and How Does It Work? (webmd.com)

If you are needing to try it, then go to a registered legal Chinese doctor, not some quack in a nightmarket passing themselves off as a practitioner (there are some rather ‘odd’ treatments here which cause no end of problems).

FWIW, when I pulled some lower leg muscles, my Chinese doctor gave me this treatment. I did find it effective in combination with other treatment that I’d had. But my doctor was a registered doctor in a legal clinic, not in a nightmarket. I used NHI to pay for the treatment. It was very helpful to me.

Let us know how it goes.

This has also been around a while.

1 Like

Not covered by NHI. Pull at your own risk! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You need balls to practice this form of qigong, as stated by the Taipei Times headline.

Master Tu Chin-sheng moved to the US to teach qigong, but his Taipei school continues to attract students for whom penis pulling power is a draw

Please share if you have any more specifics. That would make for an interesting discussion, perhaps in a separate thread.