Electricity fees

I would like to know what people pay on average for electricity in Taipei. We are 2 people with 2 aircons, a computer, a tv and one small fridge. I know the cost is higher per unit during summer, but for three months (July to September) we were paying about NT$3000+ per month.
Is that normal? I never used to pay that much when I lived in Taipei County.

The aircon’s the killer.

The bill sounds about right to me. I seem to recall fees went up just before summer with a special penalty for using an aircon.

HG

Seems to cost about 1000NT a month extra for an air-con

$3000 a month?!?!?!!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: Are you turning them on for 24 hours a day???!?! We use basicially the same electrial things that you use and ours was coming out at under $3000 for two months, about $1500 a month during the summer. This was using the aircon an average of 6-8 hours a day.

Perhaps it’s $3000 for two months. I get billed for two monthly periods.

No, it’s definitely one month.
I mostly only turn mine on to cool the place down and then let the fan take over. The roommate’s a bit of an airconphiliac though.
And they seem a bit old, not as “quiet kool” as they should be.
But, alas, it’s one month…

It depends a lot on the aircon settings. I set mine just low enough to beat the heat but not create frost, and my summer bills are not much different from the winter ones. But the bills do seem to fluctuate wildly without any rhyme or reason, so I don’t have much faith in the accuracy of Taipower’s meter reading. They vary between NT$1,000 and NT$2,000 per two-month period in the same season, even though my consumption seems to remain pretty much the same. That’s for a 20-ping flat with one regular and one occasional occupant.