Electromyography

Does anyone know where to get Electromycrography , for peripheral nerve damage. Has anyone had this test and had an operation around the damaged nerve. In this case the big toe.

Any big hospital.

I had this done at NTUH a while back. Just so you know, it’s not very pleasant, so unless you have some therapeutic decision that hinges upon the outcome, it might not be worthwhile.

Incidentally, electromycography would be the electronic diagnosis of fungi, which I hope you don’t have.

1 Like

I did a peripheral nerve conduction test at TMUH before (one main difference between that and electromyography seeming to be the use of needles as the electrodes in the latter). That wasn’t very pleasant either. I’m not surprised that adding in needles doesn’t make it nicer.

But yeah, I would have thought you’d just need to visit a neurologist at any major hospital.

Hi,
Thanks for the replies it is for a young adult child of mine that had an accident a few years ago. She’s been under physio and had vitamin B12 etc etc. However the right toe is still without movement . A special splint has been used. All without success. I’ve heard sometimes a minor operation to increase space around the nerve of the big toe can help. Four different hospitals have been tried all without success.
She sometimes will fall over because the right toe will catch on the groun as it cannot be lifted up. The left toe is a little damaged but not as bad as the right toe which is totally without mobility.
She’s 24 years old.

1 Like

best to see a neurologist at a hospital. Head CT, thorough blood works, Electromyography, Lumbar puncture Cerebral Spinal Fluid analysis, MRI scan of spine are all great tests to perform.

1 Like

Thanks , do you know what is the best hospital in Taiwan for neurology ? I guess NTU hospital. I was however looking at Adventist hospital and they seem good in this area. I think most big hospitals have good reputations for certain areas, but not always the same area.