Electronic Music Festivals?

Is there anything closely related to it in Taiwan?
I mainly listen to French electronic music & house, but anything electronic is fine. I know last year they had Sensation in Kaohsiung, but can’t find anything about it this year, so I’m guessing it wasn’t lucrative enough? Sensation doesn’t usually have a great line-up, but I’m interested in the lively atmosphere mostly, so places like Korner don’t interest me much.
Clubs are not interesting either (aka David Guetta or Dada Life).
Maybe there are upcoming shows or festivals?

you got ya Halloween Massive…PVD for the 23rd time in Taiwan…facebook.com/halloween.massive?fref=ts

You like French house but don’t like all the French house DJs who play at Korner? That’s a tough one :smiley:

I never said I didn’t like the DJ’s at Korner, I said I’m looking for a music festival. Korner doesn’t have the ambiance I’m looking for.

These are all the shows I could find.
gigguide.tw/gigs.php

I think I’ll just buy a projector and watch live shows on youtube.

Good luck.

Imagine seeing someone like SebastiAn, Arnuad Rebotini or The Toxic Avenger here. Probably never.

Although not French (for me the best for Electronic), in 2010, Boys Noize (at spark101 - not listed at gigguide), Soulwax and their other carnation 2manyDjs played here.
Since then, nothing has rocked my boat with regards to that kind of music. I can’t go to a club with music I won’t like.

Isn’t there White every year? I went last last year and it was HUGE (fire hazard, lol). They had it again recently I believe. It was sometime in June~

Your best bet is to stop by Korner/The Wall and pick up the flyers they have near the door. People use Facebook for everything here but it can be tough to discover events that way if you’re not already connected. There’s also a poor signal-to-noise ratio online with lots of trashy clubs spamming the hell out of every group they can find. Pick up flyers and you’ll tend to get the better stuff. Festivals will no doubt advertise months in advance too.

Most music festivals of any kind will be held near or on beaches. Location wise, most of the ones I’ve heard of are in Kenting that happen Spring and mid-summer.

This is White?
Where was it?

When you see how huge EDM (as it is now called) is (always has been big in Europe and has taken the US by storm - where it basically originated ironically), Taiwan is light years behind jumping on board (if it ever will), but there are some who appreciate it here.
Although no festivals, they are getting some foreign names coming over to perform.

I would rather see analogue performers than DJs, but nevertheless it is a start.
I stumbled upon this:

residentadvisor.net/club.aspx?id=71250

No. 200, Roosevelt Rd, Taipei City, B1, Taipei / 台北市羅斯福路四段200號B1

“KORNER” is a brand new creative space for electronic music and visual artists, located in The Wall’s corner hallway. Every Friday and Saturday night we will be inviting artists to serve you tunes from every different genres. “KORNER” is not only a party space, but also a platform for cutting-edge visual artist and DJs to collaborate. We aim for the interaction between music and live visual, using four projectors simultaneously to turn the space into an organized chaos, an explosion of sensual overload.

Organik and Earthdance are both worth a look.

This Friday, Saturday, and Sunday up near Baishaiwan