Electronics Market/Looking to Buy a New Laptop PC

I saw before people were saying that laptops were more expensive and inferior.

But I looked up the new Asus lineup and the new models do actually look cheaper in Taiwan
Strix 17 2022

Example: ROG Strix SCAR 17 (2022) | 電競筆記型電腦|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG 台灣

Price 1946 usd or 56900ntd

On Amazon USA

2,300usd or 67243

And the cheaper tuff model might also be cheaper? Or did I miss something on the specs?

1 Like

Graphics card and memory are different. The Amazon one is the $68900 one. Still not a huge price difference.

1 Like

Nm I’m stupid sorry

Are you looking for something in particular?

I’m thinking of replacing my laptop. I use it for games, video editing, and work. So actually the model I showed I wouldn’t get because I’d have to buy a separate webcam which is inconvenient.

I’m considering their lower end tuff line but I’d be open to anything that lets me modify it, easy to open up (currently using a Dell that was next to impossible to repasted based on it terrible design) and that last a decent amount of time.

I can check with some of my Guanxi. PM me.

Are Asus/Acer laptops discounted in Taiwan or you pretty much pay the price listed on the Asus website?

We’re moving to Taiwan shortly and wondering if we should buy in the US. Asus laptops aren’t usually discounted here.

Probably cheaper in the US.

Maybe you can search for the model number on Shopee, Ruten, etc. to see what the rough price would be in Taiwan.

1 Like

Not really cheaper in Taiwan and probably more and newer options in USA.

Warranty and service might be easier to effect if bought in and living in Taiwan.

1 Like

ooh thanks, you’re right. This model is $1400 in US and $1750 on Shopee.

1 Like

Haven’t looked in super detail but the below appears to be a higher spec. for ~US$1,500 in Taiwan on a generally expensive website.

ASUS Zenbook 14X OLED UX5401ZA-0053G12700H 綠松灰(i7-12700H/16GB/1TB/OLED/2.8K/W11/14) - PChome 24h購物

Thanks yeah, it’s hard to compare, that one has Iris Xe integrated graphics and the one I linked has the MX550 which is new. There’s not many Zenbooks to choose from in the US and all seem to be $1400 lol. Sounds like pricing is similar. Lot of stuff is cheaper in the US, but we don’t get good laptop deals here besides Lenovo, Dell refurbs, Acer etc.