Electronics store - need a beard trimmer

Where in Taipei can I find good store with electronics? I need to buy beard trimmer (very cheap if possible), I brought my own but didnt check and its 220V :frowning_with_open_mouth:

全國電子 or maybe 燦坤 (TK3C)

2 Likes

I don’t really know if you’ll find it in Taiwan, I’ve never looked for one, but I presume you won’t. Taiwanese market for beard stuff has not grown to a mature level (pun intended).

Amazon.com is probably your best option. Do the US use 110 too?

By the way, I use a hair trimmer bought here. But I don’t do anything fancy to my beard.

2 Likes

全國電子 looks promising, thanks. They have some cheap trimmers, at least on their webpage. One shop is close to my location so I will visit them tomorrow and will see…

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Those are not that common here. But a pet hair trimmer works surprisingly well!

1 Like

I got mine in the electronics area of Carrefour.

2 Likes

You can.

I bought mine in one of those shops that have everything, probably for cheap, and it works fine and it’s rechargeable (although I think I haven’t charged it even one time since I bought it years ago… maybe time to give it some juice!).

4 Likes

I have this one: 9905 - 浙江百特电器有限公司

I think it was 1000NT or so, including one extra battery and one extra set of blades. It has survived for several years and to a fall to the floor.

But, it is a hair trimmer. I think beard trimmers allow for shorter hair length. I don’t care, but OP may care about it.

Why not just buy a converter? It’s cheaper. This one is under NT 330.
https://24h.m.pchome.com.tw/prod/DSAO10-A79294146-000

You can find these at most hardware stores.

4 Likes

In the end I went to local branch of 全國電子 and they had one, not exactly cheap at 2k but at least is better than the one I have. I also tried searching for voltage converter but I only found step down from 220 to 110, not the other one and I didnt have much time… :frowning_with_open_mouth:

1 Like