Electronics stuff: SMD parts (resistor/capacitor) design kit

Hi Forumosans,

I am looking for design kits of SMD resistors and capacitors. What I mean is a book like thing (or whatever) that contains a lot of different resistor or capacitor values, like 50pcs of each value. Basically you just pick whatever you need if you are designing some circuit.

I would need that for several physical sizes (0402, 0603, and maybe some bigger ones as well) of resistors, and mainly the smaller (~ 1 to 1000 picofarad) values of capacitors.

And no, the shop in the basement on Ba De Road (next to Zhongxiao Xinsheng) does not have them ^^

Did you try the two story shop just behind there, not sure what they stock, but they’ve got loads of electronics stuff and components. I’m not sure if they have what you need though, just another place in which you could have a look in.

Right. This (fairly new) place is pretty good.

Also the 4th and 5th floors at Guanghua are where the shops previously found at the Xining electronics market are now located. Might be worth checking out there too.

Thanks you two, gonna try those places :slight_smile:

Some better directions, you take a right in on the road that’s just past the underground entrance to the antiques shop, it’s like the street before you’d gone down underground. It’s pretty much the first store on the left if I remember right, near the back entrance from the underground place you went to.

If all else fails I can point you in the direction of a shop in Taichung that has all of that and then some, electronically speaking… Irishstu, I noticed this place also sells alloy housing boxes in various sizes that seem perfectomundo for stomp boxes, next time I’m there I’ll take some snaps and post them in case you or anyone else might be after such things… TBH though I can’t imagine us lowly Taichungers having anything Taipei doesn’t…

Thanks Plasmatron, much appreciated. I’m fairly well stocked up at the moment, having found that the electronics shop in Taipei City Mall sells perfectly-sized stomp box enclosures, but I’m still curious. There are many boxes in Taipei, but never the right size (apart from at this one particular shop).

Gravedigging my own post here, since I found these items. They are indeed available in the underground Guanghua Electronics Plaza (not digital plaza, where the computer stuff is). But you can get them a lot cheaper in the ground level shop Jin-Hua very near to there:

https://www.jin-hua.com.tw/webc/html/product/index2.aspx?kind=2784

They even have more sample books available than shown on the Website, for example 0402 1% resistors. Cost around 650NTD per book, much cheaper than the 1K~2K of the other shops around. They also ship for free if you spend over 3K.

1 Like

Since they demolished the bridge place it got confusing, a lot of guys assumed it was that 6 story building, but a lot of those places don’t do hard core electronics (as far as I can find only 2 shops in the whole building). The underground place is behind the Mega Bank building.

2 Likes