Elevator etiquette

Here’s some etiquette stuff to do when entering elevators …

Never mind how many people are in the carriage, start clipping your nails … :thumbsup: :whistle:

A “silent but violent” fart always livens things up in an elevator.

fart just before you leave. loudly is fine too, chris.

oh, stand at the front of the lift and block the doors.

push buttons for all the other floors between the one you want, and the higher floors of you fellow passengers.

squeeze zits onto the mirrors.

and look a latecomer rushing for the lift directly in the eyes as you push the close doors button and depart just before they can get in.

works for me.

The most basic: When calling the elevator, always push both up and down buttons, regardless of which direction you’re headed.

Press and hold the button of your floor and the [close doors] button at the same time for a few seconds when you get in. In most elevators this is a way of going straight to that floor without stopping on the way, no matter who is waiting where. Supposedly meant for testing purposes.

[quote=“urodacus”]fart just before you leave. loudly is fine too, chris.

oh, stand at the front of the lift and block the doors.

push buttons for all the other floors between the one you want, and the higher floors of you fellow passengers.

squeeze zits onto the mirrors.

and look a latecomer rushing for the lift directly in the eyes as you push the close doors button and depart just before they can get in.

works for me.[/quote]

Spent some time in HK? Since very few people here drive, they’re pathetically forced to run a point system on shutting lift doors in people’s faces. A gweilo is a big scorer, but full marks are awarded if you can wedge a Filipino with the door.

HG

wow, i’m gonna have to try that one out.

my game, is sticking your hand into the closing door (only the really old elevators lack the mechanism that senses an object in the way and reopens) to see if you can get in last minute. the best part is, it really freaks out the locals. They think you’re a barbarian or bandit or something. I get a 2 foot buffer in the elevator automatically.

60 fun things to do in an lif… er… elevator:

scripting.com/davenet/storie … hings.html