Elon Musk's Magnificent Rebranding of Twitter

Thank god most developed countries’ legal systems don’t share this view. It is not much of an improvement from:

“only witches float”

Definitely would not recommend this “adage” be applied to most things in life. Perhaps you can modify it by saying something with more qualifiers?

“Lies often have too many details”

Because he has a rocket tattooed on his member. Unforgettable.

2 Likes

Those weren’t secret. Nobody cared enough back then. It’s different now.

Oliver Reed had a double bird’s claw tattooed on his mighty mallet.

Yes, due process is very important.

Not that.

How about if it was a rape allegation and he said the same thing. I mean it’s not far from a rape, it’s a billionaire boss using his position of power over a staff member and indecently exposing himself and propositioning a member of staff.

If he claims he didn’t do it, then just say that. Not something as ridiculous as “tell me what my cock looks like then” to someone who claims to have been assaulted.

What is she supposed to say? She probably just wants to move on with her life .

I can’t believe anyone can’t see how ridiculous and crass he is being

1 Like

Well, I can’t believe anyone would support obvious political weaponization of sexual harassment charges. It’s only going to hurt sufferers of sexual harassment in the end.

It’s a serious allegation. They didn’t mind about announcing it to the world and tarnishing his reputation. Again, he claims it’s not true. He’s entitled to defend himself and that’s what his comment is.

2 Likes

Why is it? How does it hurt them?

It’s not the girl, it’s her friend she confided in.

Musk can deny it. Even though he has already paid the girl off. But its cruel, crass and ridiculous to demand her describe his private parts

How about if Weinstein, Cosby or any of those made the same demand? Victims of sexual abuse are already scared of coming out because they don’t want to deal with the shame or have to go against rich and powerful men.

They just want to get on with their lives

1 Like

Somebody is lying. Either Elon Musk or an anonymous person.

Do you think women lie a lot about being sexually assaulted? Or being treated like a prostitute by their boss? Or go against the richest man in the world ?

He also already paid her off.

The point is that not whether he is guilty, it’s that it’s a fucking stupid thing to say. How about if Harvey Weinstein challenged his already traumatized victims to tell in public what his privates look like.

1 Like

No, but it does happen. Due process is imperfect, but necessary.

But, OK, he’s guilty and should pull out of the Twitter buyout immediately as penitence. I don’t particularly care which billionaires own Twitter.

1 Like

Sure you need due process, but due process isn’t challenging a girl who if telling the truth, is probably traumatized, to describe his dick on a public forum.

I don’t care also if he owns Twitter

Realistically, she could probably make some money out of this. I remember chatter about Trump’s mushroom getting quite a bit of airplay.

1 Like

A very small percentage of women might want to risk their careers and face untold Shame by making false accusations about the wealthiest man in the world and going against his legal and media teams.

Imagine you would need to be basically psychopathic

Well, look, it either happened or it didn’t. If it did, she’s been adequately compensated; it’s something that happens to almost every woman at some point in their lives, and they deal with it and move on. 99.999% of them never get massive payouts.

What baffles me here is that Musk simultaneously acknowledges making a settlement while denying that it happened.

My point is that it’s ridiculous for him to come out on a platform and ask her to describe his dick. Shameful behaviour

If it were true then it would be shameful. If she’s making a false accusation then it’s a completely understandable reaction. Problem is, we don’t really know which it is.

Either way it’s ridiculous because someone who had been treated in that way would:
A) Have trauma from the incident and not remember or want to remember
B) Would definitely not want to relive it on a public forum

And he knows this

The guy is either scum, stupid or both

I don’t have an issue with you repeatedly using the word girl, but I’ve been told it’s an issue with others.

Why?