Elon Musk's Magnificent Rebranding of Twitter

Awesome

2 Likes

Sorry, what are you asking me? I know what the Daily Stormer is. I said I wouldn’t want to spend time in a place where that kind of speech was allowed and I’m glad action was taken against it. I don’t care if it’s Antifa, the Daily Stormer, or my Uncle Frank–I’ll look at it the same way. If Musk is going to allow that kind of posting from the Daily Stormer, I probably won’t be on Twitter, no. That goes for a lot of other possible kinds of posting as well.

1 Like

I just looked at that clown’s twitter page. After scrolling through about 20 posts that looked like they were created by a sad, misguided high school dork, I don’t see the hate. Perhaps wait until he fucks-up, on twitter, before directing people to check out his twitter page?

1 Like

So far it’s a pretty boring story, though. Perhaps it’ll get more interesting when they’ve had some more time to dig around, but I sort of suspect not.

Takes time to tell a story. I’m curious enough to see what they follow up with tmorrow.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1598864377750306816

2 Likes

What a load of pus
Tucker Carlson Tonight 12/2/22 FULL | BREAKING FOX NEWS December 2, 2022 - YouTube

1 Like

Rawdogging reality with a nice dose of Tucker! High brow and spin free analysis of Twitter developments no doubt.

The source article. Not the chopped tweets.

3 Likes

I’m expecting more confirmation of what we already knew: that they applied partisan standards of disinformation and hate speech but couched it in bland language. I’m curious whether they actually understood that they were taking a side, though.

1 Like

The children are rattling their cages again:

I’m not quite sure what the concern is here. If Elon Musk does turn Twitter into a horrid far right thing what’s stopping the people who think they’re nice from leaving? Then Twitter will just become a far right irrelevance.

No. Twitter needs to be shut down now and disassembled. And all emails deleted, I mean they were mostly about yoga and pictures of the grandkids anyway. Some people shouldn’t have the right to speak with like minded people.

It’s like when they rip out your favorite playground and put in some bushes.

Elon Musk must be stopped!!! He let this monster back onto his platform! I showed this to my wife and she is clutching the pearl necklace I just gave her!!

1 Like

Moderation is not hard…

What did the world learn about Twitter’s handling of the incident from the so-called Twitter Files? Not much. After all, Twitter reversed its decision two days later, and then-CEO Jack Dorsey said the moderation decision was “wrong.” Instead, the thread provided fresh fodder for conspiracy theories that have swirled around the laptop saga, including the insinuation—not backed by evidence—that government officials intervened to suppress the Post story.

Yet the most salient lesson from Taibbi’s thread may apply to Musk himself, who has taken to making big moderation decisions at Twitter almost unilaterally.

1 Like
1 Like

Absolutely disgusting…

1 Like

These must be deepfakes.

1 Like

The media is mostly a deepfake these days…