Elon Musk's Neuralink will connect humans to computers

expression of extreme skepticism

Hopefully it does work for the paraplegic individuals sake, but anything that comes from his mouth I can only treat as manufactured hype.

2 Likes

Quadriplegics might benefit even more. Better mobility, better access to information, better communication.

I don’t give the whole “You won’t need to talk anymore because functional telepathy,” thing much credence. Why not? Air filters or permamasks?

But this kind of thing might be a huge breakthrough for the disabled.

Seems to be where the E-man is going with this.

Still waiting for cyber truck and (hype)rloop promises.

If this ends up working as marketed, I don’t envision a world where this technology will be net positive for society as a whole. Something tells me that his greed will not let him keep this confined to just the paraplegics…

1 Like

Hoping this one doesn’t pan out personally.

#justbuildatrain

Cyberpunk begins… Now.

Next thing you know we will have netrunners and datakrash.

I hope I’ll make it to 2077. I’ll be as old as Rogue by then.

The first human subject to receive the company’s brain implant, a 29-year-old man who has been paralyzed from the shoulders down for eight years after a diving accident.
In a brief livestream on the social media platform X, the man introduced himself as Noland Arbaugh and said he’s able to play online chess and the video game Civilization using the Neuralink device.

4 Likes

Really cool to see. Hope this technology stays strictly confined to these cases, but I am not optimistic.

Also, TIL the difference between paraplegic and quadraplegic. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely right. I’m not either. Especially with egos like Musk, it is a little terrifying when people of that type of class thought processes might influence becoming cyborgs through his company :grimacing:

1 Like

I bet the bros from the Great Reset are right on top of this- rewiring your brain, inserting computer chips to control your thoughts- oh, wait, it’s not the WTO, the UN, the EU, AGW opponents, or evil environmentalists- it’s just your friendly neighborhood techbro billionaire Elon, so no worries.