Emergency guide to China attack for expats in Taiwan

I agree completely with this statement. I would say there is much more of a chance of there being psychological warfare and trial ballooning on the horizon (sowing fear, uncertainty, and doubt here to new levels that could cause say, panic buying and hoarding), than there is of an actual kinetic invasion (which has been oft cited to be exponentially more logistically complicated than storming Normandy – the preparation being evident months in advance).

A long slow-burn of deeper infiltration into the social fabric, businesses, and politics here – with the end-goal being a bloodless handover once things hit critical mass – seems to be much more likely in the cards, for now at least. It certainly is a much less risk-averse strategy, which is much more in line with the PRC’s M.O

2 Likes

Try Firefox and press F9 for reader mode. It even can block some JavaScript paywalls.

3 Likes

It’s a good thing Taiwan News in all of their brilliance highlighted the highly probable attack from China…

Instead of less probable things that could occur in Taiwan like earthquake, typhoon, or fire…

If it smells like :poop:

Maybe l am a bit paranoid, but l feel l have seen quite a few guys that strike me as agents from the other side on public transport. For example on Monday I saw a guy 30-40 years old on a bus. He looked a bit different from your average Taiwanese dude. Not at work during working hours, not looking at his phone, wearing clothes you would wear if you want to keep a low profile, not driving his own car, not carrying a briefcase or a backpack, in decent shape, and was just looking around. I thought “that could be one of them.”

Shhhh! Don’t give away my secrets!

2 Likes

Next time, in your best Beijing Chinese accent ask, 請問您從哪兒來的?