Employer fined me for not being early enough

I’m curious if there are any updates on this. Are you still employed by that company?

nope. told them to ligma ballz…figuratively. Anyway, I quit that place I got nothing back.

That’s unfortunate. What they were doing, as you described, was very illegal. I think you could have gotten a small fortune if you sued them as Marco suggested. He’s got some experience in that area.

More importantly, a lawsuit might have stopped them from doing it to other employees in the future.

3 Likes

Yea. I’m trying to get money into you guyses pockets here!

2 Likes

unfortuntely I don’t think there is much you can do versus some of these people. They will blackmail you and spread rumors about you if you try to do anything. I think I should have still done it though, but some of these buxiban owners are some of the most vile putrid humans you can imagine.

6 Likes

Yup , they were when I was first here in the 1980s , I left and came back here many years later and it seems they still generally are that way. Fortunately there are more people around these days who will take them to court and give good legal suggestions like @Marco does.
They generally prefer to hire those dependant on them for a visa and new to the country. I cannot even imagine being in my early 20s , being screwed over, then getting threatened with deportation etc.
Well I can actually as I was once very young travelling in Asia many decades ago. :neutral_face:
No surrender !

Wonder how they survived through the pandemic when there wasn’t anyone dependant on them for a visa what with those automatic visa extensions and very few people even allowed in.

fortunately there are a lot of avenues for support now, they can get in major trouble with the MoL, and fortunately the government allows people to extend for 12-months on a job seeker visa giving people ample time to find new work and not worry about deportations.

they survive because parents don’t know any better. They also survive because the next guy is just as fucked up as they are. I do think there are a few good buxibans around though, but most people never quit those, ands when they do, they find people relatively quickly.

It’s a lot harder these days. If it’s an ‘anonymous twat’ then it has no credibility and can still be traced back to them, if it’s the school themselves then you just won the lawsuit lottery. Given the fact that you’ve moved on, you can still prosecute them and they can’t fire you because you’ve already left.

1 Like