English Crumpet in Taiwan?

That’s a cup cake. Crumpet’s more like a pancake. With large handles on each side. They use them on the outside of the space shuttle to keep Jan Leeming out.

More tea, Vicar?

That’s na’ a cup cake. THIS is a cup cake :stuck_out_tongue:

cupcake

They are different animals in Australia, although I concede some of the muffin mixes could probably pass for cake. But cupcakes in Oz are generally plain dryish sponge or butter cake, shallowly and smoothly rounded on top, and frosted with some glossy flavoured icing (unless homemade). Muffins, however, come in gazillions of flavours, are generally moister, have a high, bumpy dome shape and on the rare occasions they come frosted, it is invariably with ‘soft’ icing, never glossy.

I read somewhere that muffins are bread and cupcakes are cake. Er, so there. Yes, I have issues - if anyone knows where I can get a good (bought) muffin in Taipei, please let me know…

Muffins are bigger than cupcakes. The chocolate chocolate chip ones at Costco are not bad. Not great, but for Taiwan, not bad.
On second thought they’re not good either. But they are edible.

Some people like cupcakes, but I for one care less for them. :wink:

The muffins my mother made were always smaller than the cupcakes she made.

As I said, they have fresh-baked (English) muffins in the supermarket under the Far Eastern Mall. They also have English crumpets in the frozen baked goods section, as well as organic burritos in a variety of flavours.

I meant, you know, muffin muffins but appreciated anyway - it sounds well worth checking out for the crumpets :slight_smile: Thanks too, Richardm - back home I used to have a muffin for breakfast about three days out of seven, so I miss them a lot, and right now I’m far too lazy to make them :unamused:

I found the Micadoria bakery in Hsinchu sells awesome banana muffins. Beats trying to make them myself and they are great for breakfast. YUM YUM YUM

I’ve forgotten. Which are the ones with holes on one side for the butter and honey? They’re crumpets, aren’t they? The muffins are the ones you oh bollocks.

wHeRe R tHe cRuMpEtZ???!!!111