English speaking Investment counsler / Stockbroker

Hi
Does anyone know a stock broker / investment advisor who is either a native English speaker or speaks fluent English. I am leaving Taiwan and retiring in two months and I am having a devil of a time trying to set up investments before leaving. I have tried all the international houses and they don’t do personal investment or have a minimum of $250,000 American (wish I could qualify)
Thanks for your help

How much do you know about investing?

I mean, you’re retiring and JUST starting to think about this?

You’re not gonna work any more? SO you want income investments? How old are you? Where you gonna live?

That’ll be 10,000 NT thanks

:slight_smile:

seriously, I can give you some information…but I need some specifics…oh, and my engrish is purty good.

Ok more specifically I am 52 going to semi retire–do some things in the Phils, I am going to live in the philippenes. I am interested in putting money into bond funds but will need to draw down on the principal from time to time and in a rising interest market fund mix and maturities become vitally important. Therefore I need someone that is knowledgable and can understand my questions and give the answers. O yea preferablly US or Euro funds.
So far going into local houses I am getting things like you wante buy bunds give your bank book please.

[quote=“zandor”]Ok more specifically I am 52 going to semi retire–do some things in the Phils, I am going to live in the philippenes. I am interested in putting money into bond funds but will need to draw down on the principal from time to time and in a rising interest market fund mix and maturities become vitally important. Therefore I need someone that is knowledgable and can understand my questions and give the answers. O yea preferablly US or Euro funds.
So far going into local houses I am getting things like you wante buy bunds give your bank book please.[/quote]

You might want to check out a “bond ladder” which will give you a steady income…or just plow it all into a high dividend paying stock.

Check out the motely fool at fool.com
Look for the Income Investor newsletter. It might be what you’re looking for.

Learn little by little. :slight_smile:

Peace