English-speaking Tattoo Artist in Taipei

Anyone know where? Would be appreciated!!

I dont know any good English speaking places but I wanted to ask why you were looking for one. I kno its not any of my business but I ask because I have friends that got tattoos on the spur of moment and regret it to this day. Were you looking for a touch-up or a whole new piece? What kind of style were you looking for? Your main concern shouldn’t be if they speak English but more if they suit the art style you seek. There are a few places around Ximen but it seems very… unsanitary. When it comes to body modifications (tattoos, piercings, etc) I’ve noticed Taiwan lacks in higher grade materials and modern techniques. For instance they still use piercing guns instead of sterile needles and people get inked side by side with no partition in between. Personally i feel slightly uncomfortably watching someone else bleeding while im getting inked. Anyways, if this is nothing helpful, please ignore. Just wanted to give you a heads up since I was interested as well but felt it wasn’t up to par out here.

I heard Needle #8 is really good, but as far as sanitation I don’t know. I am sure he speaks English though.

English speaking might be important because the OP wants to be able to tell the artist his needs. I would prefer an English speaking tattoo artist too because I can better express things in English than in Chinese.

[quote=“Taiwan Luthiers”]I heard Needle #8 is really good, but as far as sanitation I don’t know. I am sure he speaks English though.

English speaking might be important because the OP wants to be able to tell the artist his needs. I would prefer an English speaking tattoo artist too because I can better express things in English than in Chinese.[/quote]

My wife had a tattoo done at Needle #8 and the sanitation is fine. It seemed more like a dental clinic or operating theater than a tattoo parlor. I’m pretty sure they speak English.

Website’s all in English

needle-no8-tattoo.idv.tw/home.php

Back in the ol country, tatoos are the Big Thing, they were everywhere. So in the US, as far as teh eye could see. I think this is a trend/fashion on the rise. I understand the concerns about “what about 20 years down the line, how about getting something nasty from the needles, etc.”, but from a reputable establishment it should be just as fine as going to the dentist -where more things lurk than you want to know. As to living with an image on your skin for the rest of your life, that is something else.

The OPs concern about and English speaking artist is more than understandable, as you really need to be able to explain what you want so you get what you want. We’ve all been at the food phase of “order what you want, eat what you get” here in Taiwan.

I myself would like a nice Impala somewhere, maybe on my shoulder blade.

Why I was looking for one? Would you rather get a tattoo at a place where they don’t know the language you speak and you can’t communicate regarding what you want? I want two full-arm dragons of the darkest, blackest ink you can get. Of course this is after I muster up some $$, but I recently took out 9 of my 17 piercings because if I don’t stop, the madness will continue until everything I have is pierced. I like body mods, simply put. Piercings are also difficult to hide, especially for work. Yes, things are very expensive here, that’s another issue. I got my lip pierced for 3k, which in NYC, would cost more like 1k. The jewelry itself is also crazy expensive. I get my stuff ordered online and then sent here, and whatever jewelry I have left, I also use. Taiwan has the materials (all are medical 316L medical-grade steel), but most of it is imported from Japan. I personally do not like Japanese piercings because they’re sub-par in some ways when it comes to style that I could get in NY. And no, that’s actually not true. I was pierced with a sterile, brand new 14g needle. All of it was very sanitary and well done. The girl that did my lip was at XiMen. I have had no infections. I let my lip piercings close up and have no issues with them. Now it’s simply healing.

I understand your concern, but I think you allow your fear to take hold of trivial things.

[quote=“the chief”]Website’s all in English

needle-no8-tattoo.idv.tw/home.php[/quote]

[quote=“Taiwan Luthiers”]I heard Needle #8 is really good, but as far as sanitation I don’t know. I am sure he speaks English though.

English speaking might be important because the OP wants to be able to tell the artist his needs. I would prefer an English speaking tattoo artist too because I can better express things in English than in Chinese.[/quote]

Right. Exactly. That’s precisely what I asked.

[quote=“cfimages”][quote=“Taiwan Luthiers”]I heard Needle #8 is really good, but as far as sanitation I don’t know. I am sure he speaks English though.

My wife had a tattoo done at Needle #8 and the sanitation is fine. It seemed more like a dental clinic or operating theater than a tattoo parlor. I’m pretty sure they speak English.[/quote]

Yup, again, exactly why I asked, lol.

[quote=“cfimages”]
My wife had a tattoo done at Needle #8 and the sanitation is fine. It seemed more like a dental clinic or operating theater than a tattoo parlor. I’m pretty sure they speak English.[/quote]

That’s the way a proper shop should be!

FB: INK TEMPLE TATTOO

Why I was looking for one? Would you rather get a tattoo at a place where they don’t know the language you speak and you can’t communicate regarding what you want? I want two full-arm dragons of the darkest, blackest ink you can get. Of course this is after I muster up some $$, but I recently took out 9 of my 17 piercings because if I don’t stop, the madness will continue until everything I have is pierced. I like body mods, simply put. Piercings are also difficult to hide, especially for work. Yes, things are very expensive here, that’s another issue. I got my lip pierced for 3k, which in NYC, would cost more like 1k. The jewelry itself is also crazy expensive. I get my stuff ordered online and then sent here, and whatever jewelry I have left, I also use. Taiwan has the materials (all are medical 316L medical-grade steel), but most of it is imported from Japan. I personally do not like Japanese piercings because they’re sub-par in some ways when it comes to style that I could get in NY. And no, that’s actually not true. I was pierced with a sterile, brand new 14g needle. All of it was very sanitary and well done. The girl that did my lip was at XiMen. I have had no infections. I let my lip piercings close up and have no issues with them. Now it’s simply healing.

Looks like the Ink Temple does some really nice work. Not sure about the “Beeing is Believing” [sic] one he posted on July 18, though. Hopefully it was intentional?

Does anyone know a shop that does Friday the 13th $13 tattoos? Its pretty common in the US and UK. Thanks for any info

I DO NOT RECOMMEND INK TEMPLE TATTOO aka Hoest Dillah, Ball Wall…

I left a review on his FB page. He threatened me with a lawyer (why?) and then he had it flagged for nudity and removed after I posted pictures of his actual tattoo work along the side of torso. Let his work speak for himself.

His actual tattoo, 12 hours in 4 sessions, which I paid $40,000 and no refund for covers from my bra line to my upper thigh.

Here is a side by side close up comparison:

Here is my review he deleted:

WARNING DO NOT TATTOO HERE!! Unprofessional. Tells you he is giving you a deal. Tattoos the whole outline to make sure you’re gonna complete it, then 30% of the way through, raises the price. I know FIVE other people he has done this to, and I quit as soon as I heard. Now I have a huge messy sketch on the side of my body. Says that his mistakes are my fault. I REGRET LETTING HIM TATTOO ME. He says TRUST ME a million different ways, and if someone has to ask for your trust instead of earn it, there is a reason not to trust him. Cannot copy a drawing, so many small mistakes in the drawing - he drew one picture on the paper, then tattooed a different version, then drew a new rendition that was different still. I say I want different colors - he whines and complains that I’m making him do extra work. We agree on 80,000nt - from my bra line to mid thigh - saying I was getting a deal! I paid him 40,000nt - for 30% of the work - he refused to give me a refund. Let the work speak for itself, just honestly, his tattooing isn’t that great - he is still an amateur trying to charge master prices. 3000nt an hour? 5 years experience? Excuse me? There is a reason he is asking for more work - and why this page is so new. Dude didn’t even have hand soap in his bathroom. Our first appointment he slept in and made me leave for an hour while he took a shower and mopped. Third appointment made me wait an hour while he returned to his home hung over from a one night stand. He tattoos so slow, but I’m thankful for that as I don’t have a bigger mess. Message me for pictures I’ll be glad to share. He will talk and talk and talk and try to convince you, but don’t be convinced. Look at his art closely. There are a thousand more talented artists here, who will treat you professionally in a real studio.

Sorry to hear about your trial with this guy. Thanks for sharing.

I had a very similar experience with the same person at the place as the above person mentioned. Stay away from him under any name. Tell your friends too. Hopefully he will just leave…