English teacher day in the life video

Being overseas ethnic Chinese does not appear to be required to take part in the program.

oh really? well that’s going to have an imoact on the program is some form, if it gets back to the program managers.

It doesn’t say it directly, but it seems pretty clear.

1. The main sponsor of this program is the Overseas Community Affairs Council, Republic of China (Taiwan) (OCAC). "Its main objective is to serve as a cultural, education, economic and informational exchanges organization between Taiwan and the overseas Taiwanese and Chinese descent communities. Its remit is not limited to expatriates from Taiwan, but includes all ethnic Taiwanese and Chinese living in a foreign country who “identify with the Republic of China (ROC)”

2. The Overseas Community Affairs Council is the authority that issues a certificate of 80 service hours after successful completion of the program.

3. The main web page picture appears to show only ethnic Chinese.

1. Every picture and video posted in the Photo/Video section appears to showcase only ethnic Chinese. Note: Pictures and videos from the 2019 program have not been posted yet. 2018 Summer Videos ---- 2018 Summer Photos I looked through all the 2018 summer photos.

2. Every person in our friend @L1AM promotional YouTube video appear to be ethnic Chinese.

3. Let’s ask our expert @L1AM. Were there any other individuals in this program who weren’t ethnic Chinese?

Update: Ok. I found it. Finally. The AID webpage is not very well organized.

The Winter 2020 AID Program applicants must currently reside in the Australia, New Zealand or South Africa area.

The previous Summer 2019 AID Program allowed applicants who currently reside in the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, or Belize to attend.

The last two points on the QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPLICATION for this past summer’s 2019 program indicates the following:

(7)The Hakka group participants must be recommended by authorized Hakka organizations.

(8)The program is recommended for applicants of Chinese or Taiwanese descent, but some openings are available for non-expatriate youths who are advocates of Taiwan.

But, I’d still be interested to know if @L1AM had any fellow participants who were of any other ethnic background besides Chinese. How many of these “some openings” were actually filled by other ethnic backgrounds?

@L1AM? You out there?

2 Likes

After the castigation he received, I don’t see him coming back to our lit ass forum anytime soon.

4 Likes

He’s probably off pouting about all the “ok boomers” he met on this site on r/taiwan or something. That’s what the kids call us these days right? Even if we’re only a decade older? :thinking:

2 Likes

Thank god I’m Gen X… :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I technically just make the cut for Millennial (born in ‘82), but I’m not into all that TikTok/SnapChat/SoundCloud/Instagram-every-meal crap. I wish I was Gen X. Flannel shirts, grunge and the economic prosperity of the 90s… sounds good to me!

1 Like

Good times…except for the flannel shirts.

1 Like

Let’s just say I have little patience for people who ask for feedback and then start launching personal attacks at people who give them feedback, and tend to feel the forum would benefit from a brief respite from their presence, and perhaps they will benefit as well.

4 Likes

I think it’s great how all you guys can overcome your various differences to come together and unite as a single unified force of Useless Old Loudmouth Bastards.

Brings a tear to my eye

6 Likes

You’re a great teacher. We learned from the best. :heart:

3 Likes

You seem to bring up your age a lot. It makes you sound needlessly bitter. :idunno:

Boomer is an attitude, irrespective of actual age/generational category. Personally, I think you put off a strong “corny grandpa who doesn’t realizing he’s posting cringe” vibe.

1 Like

Tag you there, did I, little fella??

This sounds like something a Zoomer would say.

4 Likes

Aw, thanks! I like you too. :heart:

False, but nice try. You can’t just unilaterally decide to redefine the meaning of words.

Personally, I think you’ve had something against me since our little back-and-forth almost a year ago. I’m over it. It’s a shame you’re not.

There! Right there. There’s the cringe you don’t realize you’re posting. I didn’t redefine the word, I’m explaining the nuance with which “ok boomer” is being used by millennials/zoomers, which you’ve obviously failed to pick up on. And that’s what makes you such a boomer!

If I’m so “cringe”, then please feel free to skip over my posts. You don’t have to reply to me. I rarely if ever reply to you, because I know you don’t like me. Whenever we have our chats these days, it’s because you have an issue or problem with something I said and feel the need to pick it apart. Even when you’re in such a rush you misunderstand what I was saying (such as a day ago when we were discussing caste systems). If you think I’m cringe, then please spare us both and put me on ignore/block/whatever. But personally, I think you can’t help yourself, Zoomer.

:rofl: You’re taking this too seriously.

I’ll put you on ignore if that’s what you prefer.

:popcorn:

1 Like

You call me cringe, bitter and an old grandpa among other stuff. Yeah, insult someone and then tell them to lighten up…that’s… cool.

Good doggie.