Enrolling in in government health plan when between jobs

Soon I will be between jobs (taking a rest and to work on some personal projects).
Where do I go to enrol in the government health plan (pay my own premiums) when I am between jobs?


At the local household registration office I think. They should have a counter for health insurance.