EPIC Tai Chi Push Hands Tournament In Need Of Foreign Competitors

What’s up Forumosans?!

There’s a PLATFORM push hands tournament happening in December that needs more foreign competitors. I SO wish I could be there (maybe I will…) Even if you’ve never practiced push hands before, but have experience in other grappling/wrestling arts, I encourage you to join! The person putting it together (Nick/Push Hands Chen) is Josh Waitzkin’s (the chess genius) nemesis from the book Art of Learning. So you know I’m not making it up, here’s photo proof:

Here’s the basic information:

1. Purpose: To celebrate the 100th year anniversary of the Republic of China, promote PUSHING HANDS martial arts, and to develop cultural exchange and unofficial diplomacy.
  2. Sponsor: PUSHING HANDS Federation, Republic of China
  3. Competition Date: December,9. 10 .11, 2011 (3 days)
  4. Competition Place: No.60, Sec. 4, Changshui Road, Hsihu Town, Chunghua County, Taiwan. (Stadium of Hsihu Junior High School)

Here’s the website with more information (in English and Chinese):
sites.google.com/site/zhonghuam … nghui/home

If you know of anyone that would like to join, pass it on! If you have any questions post here (I’ll be following the thread), or contact me directly (PM, email (miltownkid at gmail dot com), whatever).

Nick is the real deal! I played with him when he was in Milwaukee and I got to see him “play” with Marcelo Garcia (five time world champion in Brazilian jiu-jitsu) when I was in New York (I even have it on video, but Marcelo asked me not to post it to YouTube. :slight_smile: )

That platform looks SUPER fun and is how moving step push hands should be! Here’s a video of a friend of my first tai chi teacher competing in China on a platform (the music is kind of balls now because of a copyright thing… :P):

Spread the word! :slight_smile:

Reminds me more of Japanese wresting than pushing hands but then I don’t do either. I’d still come aong for a laugh but 3 days and a journey are more effort and money than I’m willing to put in for a laugh and I’m guessing its on of those sit around for 1.5 days then have a 15 sec round where you find out you broke a rule and are disqualified so you can sit around for another 1.5 days or go home. 0.44 sec of the video made me laugh though :smiley: I think its hillarius how the guys shirt just come straight off hahahaha! Hahahaha another funny one at 2.06 with footage of the referees sniggering :smiley:

Didn’t know about this at all. Our group just went to Chen Village in Aug 2011, http://chen-taiji.com/ to attend our teacher, Grandmaster Zhu Tian Cai’s opening launch of his training school. Pity … we could’ve tried to coincide these 2 events together.

Next time! We should start a taichi forum. Like JUST taichi… :slight_smile:

Been working on getting the taichi community a little more unified over here in the US. It’s so hard finding information about anything.

??? that’s neijia?