ETA-ROC English Teaching Symposium / Will you be there?

Anyone here going to the 13th International Symposium and Book Fair on English Teaching on November 12-14, 2004?

Click here for more information:

eta.org.tw/eta/13th_english/INDEX.HTM

eta.org.tw/eta/13th_english/page51.htm

eta.org.tw/eta/13th_english/page52.htm

eta.org.tw/eta/13th_english/page53.htm

I will, I found this symposium very useful and informative when I went for the first time last year. It was also nice to trade notes with other teachers there. The only negative I found was the lack of space for many of the presentations. It meant you had to rush out at the end of a session in order to get a seat at the next one you wanted to attend so forget asking any questions of the presenters after the session. Also if you got into a session and found it was not what you were hoping for you had to slink out in front of the presenter and then it was often impossible to get into another you were interested in. All said though I got a lot out of last year’s and am looking forward to more this year.

ETA-ROC is always a bit of a home-grown affair in my view. The only big names this year are Krashen and Paul Nation. Some international publishers aren’t even attending this year.

None of the big international publishers is attending. They’re starting up their own conference next year (in April, I believe).