Ethereum: predictions 2020-2025

Awesome, didn’t know WAF stands for that.

Dunno, mine is so chill troughout the crash and confident about the future of our portfolio, while I’m checking the situation every 5 mins.

Mine keeping saying every 5 minutes: - It is going down, what we gonna do?

NOTE: It is her first rodeo.

1 Like

Well, with her I would sold ETH at 4k. XD
Decided to be a dedicated HODLer

3 Likes

So to answer, didn’t buy the dip since didn’t sell when it was high. This week I’ll jump into liquidity pools, investing mostly in the stable coins.

1 Like

Did you?

I haven’t bought because I don’t see blood on the streets yet which will be BTC to 20 something . And I sold some of my DeFi . Cos I have too much invested to not care. Although if you are in multi year it’s not a bad entry .

1 Like

I reckon this last drop was mainly due to high leverage from DeFi and Binance and other platforms. So we revert to the place we were before the final run up.

Where next…Not too sure.

Was that this cycle peak ? I would say yes personally as this crash hurt a lot of investors/speculators , liquidating many and I don’t know know about BTC.

Ethereum hopefully will solidify some base with some major upgrades within a year and multiple L2. But Bitcoin skittishness especially the energy problem…Always stalking.

I got some eth.

Let’s hope you’re right, technical improvements are yet to come for the Ethereum network, not to mention the scale.

I’ve read some stats, mostly newbies who purchased crypto in last couple of months liquidated.

Maybe this can be a separate topic, but I’ll ask here for now: which tokens (mostly interested in DeFi) are you guys bullish on and why?

I sold almost all except ETH right now because of need to reduce my risk .
But I think aave , compound ,maker , synthetix, uniswap…And a bunch of others…Are still going to do well long term.

Aave - I know the team a little , they are legit and innovative
Synthetix - also solid team and are integrating L2
Uniswap - leading Dex and adding L2 and always upgrading , now on version 3.

The problem is the terrible gas fees. I had to pay back a loan on AAVE to stop myself getting liquidated and it cost me hundreds of dollars. I’ll never use any Layer 1 platform again!

Pretty much all DeFi will be on L2 soon . Polygon is also obviously a great L2 project with many users on board already.

I’ll invest back into some of these projects at some point.

2 Likes

I’m still struggling to understand how to do a valuation analysis for these coins.

Have you looked into kimchi coin?

Not really, could you send me some references? Is it Kimchi swap?

Thanks for the list!

Would you say this dip might be a good moment for the investment in alts?

Also, recently lots of attention is given to ADA, any sympathies for it?

1 Like

I held ADA but I sold it yesterday.
That is because I need to pull out some cash.
But overall I think ADA is a solid alternative to ETH for some uses potentially. It had a lot of supporters.

To me ETH is Microsoft. You can’t really get away from using it for the mainstream of crypto usage as far as I can see .

But maybe ADA and DOT and SOL could be like Apple OS. They have their own supporters or use cases for certain industries.

I like Polygon aswell.

I intend to buy back into ADA if it continues to go down. It might go up again and that’s OK too.

I cannot say if this is a dip or waiting for a further drop. I’m a veteran of 2017 and there was a bad bear trap for that one in 2018 that really caught me out so I’m cautious.

As usual in these situations DCA is our friend I guess.

2 Likes

Going from the way the market prices these coins from one day to the next , you ain’t the only one . :joy:

The current situation is known as 'Bitcoin shitting the bed '.

A bloody week in crypto…They are some long tailed red candlesticks. :no_mouth::smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

The only single thing driving crypto prices is supply and demand.

It is best to buy it at a level where a lot of people still believe it will go up, and then you need get out first. But usually it is just a gamble. If your name is Elon Musk you can just manipulate supply and demand by writing tweets.

Bitcoin is in a way interesting since the supply is limited by design. However, so many billions have been loaded into it already and people are realizing it will not have any uses in the future except paying criminals and wasting electricity. Once there is nobody anymore that wants to buy it, it plummets. What kind of investment is this? A ponzi scheme.

You will hear all these gurus raving about what it will do in the future. For all you know it will never reach the same peak anymore, or it will go x10. It depends only on how much people believe in either scenario.

Pokemon TCG cards are a safe investment I would say.

2 Likes

Indeed many are.
Just like when the new world was discovered , there were many get rich quick schemes to fool new investors.
But that doesn’t mean there weren’t riches in the new world. It doesn’t mean the new world wasn’t going to evolve and prosper beyond our imagination .

As I and others have said here you can make very good returns but you’ve got to stick with it for years and years unless you are a good trader. You try and make quick and big money it is very easy to get burned.

And decentralized finance, that’s something that is really a new paradigm much like the internet, as I said before it could be called Money 2.0.

And no supply and demand is not how this money market works or any market. Sentiment, narrative, technological change and supply and demand all work together . The guy that does the DAPP University videos on YouTube explains that well.

1 Like

The crash of this week is mostly related with the BAN in China, but China has done it several times. I personally don’t hold any altcoin, I made some quick cash on that SHIBA, and I was relief when I sold it.

Ada has a lot of potential, but the good kid of this year is ETHEREUM for sure, mostly because of NFT and the potential that ETH 2.0 has.

India banned crypto weeks ago before covid-19 got crazy there, now they want to review their decision. So, as far as I know, this is the second crash of this cycle, usually we have 4 crashes every cycle. Stay calm, we are still in the game.

2 Likes

This is an interesting reading: Dodging a bullet: Ethereum State Problems | Ethereum Foundation Blog

The Berlin hard fork fixed a serious bug on Ethereum network.

2 Likes