Ethical Dating Field Report

Depends on the sex. Toe curling, yes. Dead fish, no.

2 Likes

99% percent of the time yes of course genuinely feel great.

And doesn’t have to be “hot and sweaty”.

No commitment is ok. But I like a little commitment. Like still connected in some way later. At whatever next bump into. That’s my style, others may be different.

Just don’t make it obvious in public. Thats’ the sweet spot.

Like a million dollars brah…like a million dollars.

I’ll probably sleep well.

True but I thought I had moved on from my nice-guy days. This is why this strikes my insecurities. The difference I would say though is a typical nice guy probably would not have initiated sex on the 3rd date. The general definition of “the nice guy” is a guy who doesn’t take initiative, doesn’t kiss the girl, doesn’t approach, because he’s too shy or complacent.

I did the opposite of all those things. Also the difference is she was willing to have sex if we agreed on a relationship since she did like me a lot. Either that or hookup with detached emotions, nothing in between. A “nice guy” doesn’t get the girl at all. I was just unwilling to lie to her about getting into a relationship because I could have had sex if I decided to be unethical. She had told me she fantasized about us having sex multiple times and really wanted to.

Even when I told her that we should just “be friends” she told me that she had second thoughts and was willing to “try it”. I told her no because I didn’t want to take advantage of her feelings knowing that she would be hurt in the end.

But yea I get what you’re saying, if a “Chad” was just a psychopath who disregarded the other individual’s emotions they could get sex, hit and quit. I had thought about doing that, unfortunately my nature doesn’t allow me to since I felt I was betraying my own morals. But I have no one to blame but myself since I was the one making the decisions. One thing definitely learned is it’s hard being moral, it can come at the expense of your own interests.

3 Likes

I’m generally ethical that’s just the way I was brought up.

Many times, nothing happens but confusion on both sides.

One time my friend on a first date Singaporean girl crawling out of his bathroom dressed in leather with a dog collar leash on her neck and handed it to him.

One time my friend on first date in Taiwan actually twice a girl threw him on his couch and you know went straight for his zipper.

One time my friend met a girl for language exchange she pointed the hotel across the street and they were there within 15 minutes.

One time my friend first date Philipina girl went straight to his hotel after dinner and dancing and took his belt off and wrapped it around his neck and threw him around a little even though she was 1/3 his size.

Looking back, I sort of cringe on how many chances I probably could have had sex with women if I was just a little less “nice” and just was more forward about it. I think about it sometimes and I’m just like oh shit, she wanted me to come up and not be a gentleman and drop her off on the first date :joy:

Don’t know if it’s my own shortcomings at the time with my mentality or many women are just seriously screwed up in the head and probably let a lot of good men go.

4 Likes

“field report” is PUA terminology. :thinking:

1 Like

Man all of you dropping your stories of women swooning on you like crazy. All chads

Clearly your friend must be hot! :rofl:

1 Like

You did the right thing. You protected everyone’s feelings and integrity.

Also, I think she’s trying to guilt trip you into a relationship and marriage. If you had slept with her, she would guilt you by saying “I’m too attached to you now, you can’t leave me!” And because you did not sleep with her, she says “I would have had sex with you, but now I will be too attached to you!” Either way, you can’t win ( unless you want to marry her)

7 Likes

Dating in Taiwan is like all ok.

Sex isn’t really a huge deal so to speak.

Can either go for dinner, catch a movie, walk around Ximenting, go home Netflix and chill, all kind of equal.

1 Like

The ground?

1 Like

I don’t know. The whole thing isn’t really adding up for me. You both knew that your time in Taiwan is limited to a few months, right? So why the earnest talk about “where this relationship was going”? I mean, the only place it was going for both of you would be to have a little fun while you were here.

Instead of that talk, you both should have just relaxed, not overanalyzed, and just had a good time, whatever that turned out to be. Instead, you got locked into analysis paralysis and even a moral dilemma where one didn’t really exist. You both probably would have come out of this thing happier if you’d just had some fun dates and mindblowing sex.

5 Likes

Does or did?

I sure did. Why not? What a bizarre question.

1 Like

Or more succinctly, “youth is wasted on the young” :wink:

The after is a bit of a let-down, tbh. During … yeah. Obviously.

IMO a ONS is a bit like eating the cherry off the top of a muffin and leaving the rest of the muffin. A several-night-stand is a lot more interesting. After all, if something’s worth doing it’s worth doing repeatedly, surely?

4 Likes

Only if you let it.

Very pithy for the usually verbose @finley.

2 Likes

:beers:

Yea I do agree there was some analysis paralysis. But only after initiating sex the first time and getting rejected. Then learning that she wanted a relationship and didn’t want to have sex because she developed feelings. You’re right though, had I reinitiated sex on the 4th date instead of waiting so long this might have been a different story. Definitely a mistake I will be learning for next time.

1 Like