šŸ‡ØšŸ‡æ šŸ‡­šŸ‡ŗ Europe | Prague Vs Budapest Short Vacation?

Iā€™ve been to both and I would pick Budapest any day. Prague is like Disneyland itā€™s unbearable.

The ruin bar is fun though Iā€™m not sure if you are still the right demo for it.

The spa is also fun and I remember it being clean, which surprised me as I expected it to be dirty.

I think I did all of these things too lol.

I think you should take the metro once though just to see what itā€™s like. It felt soooo Soviet. The trains and stations are so run-down and so depressing. At least they were when I visited in 2016.

I thought it would be dirty too :joy: but I guess Iā€™ll check it out. i think there are private and public ones.

I was referring to this one. Itā€™s really cool. Very different from the hot springs in Japan and Taiwan.

2 Likes

The M4 route is basically brand new and pretty nice. You are probably thinking of M2, the red line. Lots of people unfortunately living rough around the entrances of these older stations.

Nah, swimming is their national sport, and bathing is a very popular pastime. Itā€™s a very livable city, if it wasnā€™t for the shit wages Iā€™d move there in a split-second. There isnā€™t really a bad season to visit

1 Like

Their politics is horrible and when I visited I thought people were very rude and super unhappy.

Vienna is the liveable city. In fact of all the cities in that region I would pick Vienna any day.

1 Like

I got back from Budapest.

If you ever visit I recommend the Hilton hotel Budapest. Itā€™s right next to the Mathias Church and Buda castle.

But to be honest I wished I spent less time there. I didnā€™t like the food all that much.

2 Likes

What kind of food or drink was it that you did not like? and how much time do you recommend there? Was thinking of making a stopover on my way from Milan to the Baltics (via HEL) but your impression does not sound so good and maybe will stay in Italy a bit longer and enjoy the food

The flavor profile just isnā€™t amazing for me. I would give it a chance?

I did enjoy this restaurant.

https://rosenstein.hu/

I even went to this Michelin star restaurant but I hated it. I only enjoyed 1 course out of 6. I didnā€™t even touch one because it was so much cucumber which I donā€™t enjoy. I thought it tried too hard and the flavors didnā€™t harmonize.

1 Like

Your standards must be really high. :slightly_smiling_face: