đŸ‡ȘđŸ‡ș Europe | Why Europeans Think Asia is Poor and Backwards

Pure and unadulterated pursuit of knowledge for its own sake.

That’s a rather peculiar way of pursuing knowledge.

The problem l see is that “European” and “Asia” is so broad a topic that it becomes almost meaningless. It would be much more interesting if you had one single example, like “one guy from France told me, he only goes to Thailand because he thinks other countries in Asia are poor and backwards.” Now that would be a much more interesting starting point for a discussion, because it’s more clearly defined and not as fuzzy as the topic you started. You can always expand from a more defined point later own and perhaps indeed come to the conclusion that many Europeans think the same way as that imaginary Frenchie.

3 Likes

Messed around in Asia? Japan did a fair bit. China is doing it now.

Absolutely true.

Guy

OK let me clarify one more time.

I got the notion that Europeans think Asia is poor and backwards from reading this forum.

Now that I’ve been going to Europe virtually every year, I see why. They only go to Thailand, and they have no interest in the Far East.

This only works if you ignore all the Europeans on this thread telling you otherwise.

Lol, and the best you can pull up is @The who was permanently banned some time ago for repeated bigotry?

You can cherry pick all you want, but there are plenty of posts that state the opposite

Funny nobody in that thread objected to the notion that Europeans think Asia is poor and backwards.

Plenty of people have disagreed with you on this thread

I wasted all this time searching just to win a stupid online argument.

I’m going to Brazil tomorrow and I need to pack.

My priorities are out of wack.

Trying to, anyways
:wink:

I should become a poet.

Was ist das beste Bier Europas?

1 Like

Yes, why do you visit Taiwan so you can post correct information??? Strange you post here yet not visit Taiwan.

I meet most people think Taiwan is good, like this about

Visit Taiwan to find out what Europeans think of Taiwan? TBF, you’re not the only one in this thread suggesting crappy survey methodology. Also, this thread isn’t about food. Careful about gaining weight.

I get that you are under the impression that Europeans think a certain way about Asia. There is nothing wrong with that. My only issue with this is that you lump all Europeans together and you lump all of Asia together starting with the title. I would at least attempt to be more precise to make this discussion worthwhile. At least say “Some Europeans think
”. You only provide anecdotal evidence, your trips to Europe and some posters on forums. Suggesting that Europeans (many, a majority?) think of Asia as poor and backwards is not based on facts and if you want to pursue knowledge, as you claim above, facts should be kind of important.

I wonder what you will say about Brazilians now. Please do some research while there and ask as many people as possible what they think about Asia. Obrigado!

2 Likes

You mean 3 of the top 10 most traded currencies in the world? Looks like we have lots of ignorant Americans and Asians on this thread with limited understanding of Europe