European economy stagnating

Ireland is not a good representation of European economy. It’s a small country with quirky economic laws that would be meaningless if everyone did it.

Italy is not a third world country, but nobody has told the Italians that.
PJ o’Rourke Holidays in hell. 1988.

1 Like

No he’s right.

Taiwan and Korea: Pay for 40 hours, work 40 hours.

Europe: Pay for 40 hours, work 25.

That’s cheaper.

If you mean Germany or Scandinavia yes, for now. Italy and Spain have already sailed. And Eastern Europe, lol.

1 Like

I think you mean Taiwan: Pay for 40, force 60 and produce 20 hours worth of product. There may just be a formula in this haha.

6 Likes

Whose talking about Ireland ?
Plenty of countries in Europe are doing very well.

Real GDP grew 6% for Taiwan in 2022 and 4% is projected for 2023.
EU: 25% of the workforce don’t have jobs, living off welfare checks.

Isn’t that what the Ozzies say?

That’s only because they were coming out of the 2020 recession.

Nope , they have been doing well for years (give or take issues due to covjd) , Ireland, Scandinavia, Austria, Poland, Switzerland , I’m sure there’s a few more. Plenty of countries doing fine.

Yes, some countries. Historically growth rates are significantly lower than those in the United States.

Italy, France, Spain, Belgium, Netherland, Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Austria, Switzerland, UK have all have higher productivity, more wealth than Taiwan. West Germany too. With like 50 % of time input.

I have never seen enourmos luxury houses with huge arrange garden in Taiwan like I did in Spain, north Italy. Those family have cash. For centuries already. I have never saw Europeans work ridiculous hours like Taiwanese. Never saw such run down einvoroment in developed Europe like In Taiwan (from yellow rivers, unbeatable air, no pedistrian friendy districts).

There is a lot of STEM graduates in Taiwan, except semiconductor industry salaries are way behind European. Young Europeans are extremely lazy. Only Germany needs like 4 millions skilled people. A simple manufacturer operator is being paid 3k bruto. While in Taiwan they do ridiculous hours and I never heard they pocket more than 60k twd

1 Like

That’s not true, according to @Whatevah.

He works in electronics.

Taiwan’s net financial assets per Capita are 4th highest in the world, per Credit Suisse. Only US, Switzerland, and Singapore are higher.

1 Like

Why like 300k Taiwanese with American passport only return for short time of covid?

Cause salaries, conditions, opportunities don’t match American reality

1 Like

Oyster didn’t even bother coming over then lol.

2 Likes

Is that because only the US, Switzerland, and Singapore have more mega ultra rich? I’m assuming Russian oligarchs aren’t included in that report.

What point are you trying to make other than provocating some Europeans on the forum?

As someone from Northern Europe who has significant experience from industry your 25 hours claim is obviously complete BS. Other statements generalizations and simplifications.

Welcome to my ignore list!

What’s the correct number?