Ever been on a local Forumosa-type site?

Ugh, I know this is gonna sound like a troll for negative anti-Taiwan rants, but I really did give it a try. I went on to a local community website to find out about good places to eat and things to do out here in BFE

Urgh. Makes me thank God for Forumosa! What a bunch of bland crap they talk about! Nothing but ‘where’s the best spicy hot pot’ or ‘which new housing project is better’.

And so many annoying horny guys on there with lots of 噢and囉and哦 (I HATE those damn particles, espcecially from men! Don’t they realize how effeminite they sound???) and excessive amounts of emoticons (from the guys) every time a female 網友puts up a post.

I actually tried to post a couple of meaningful discussions: one about the HK Disney sharkfin soup controversy, one about conservation efforts in this community, one about how to do help solve the stray dog problem out here in Taipei county ('cause it’s huge) and so on.

EVERY time I always just get inane and patronizing comments like this:

"沒關西的啦. 大家可是很歡迎你這熱愛林口這片土地的勒. 別計較那小細節嚕
西方文化不是不拘小節低嗎 ^.^ "

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!
Has anyone had a different experience online with local sites?

Do you have a link to the site you’re talking about?

Yeah, let’s have some URLs.

Sorry, but I think no. There are plenty of such local websites for you to check out with a tiny effort on your part.

Excuse being: Part of the reason (sometimes a big part, sadly) I come on Forumosa is to vent about the frustrations of living in Taiwan.

That community website is based where I LIVE. People on there are my neighbors. And as they say, ‘Don’t shit where you eat!’

I really don’t care to have some anti-‘ethnocentric western cultural imperialist’ Forumosan vigilante go on there and say, “Yo, head’s up - look what yer waiguoren homeboy’s been saying about Chinese culture on another website!” Or directing people from that website to check out Forumosa themselves.

Call me paranoid, but…you never know. Anyway, as I said, there is no shortage of local chatsites for you to check out - assuming you can read and type Chinese.

The housewives over at the forumsof the Homemakers Union are pretty helpful with questions about living in Taiwan (how to get rid of cockroaches, what brand of front-load washing machine is best, how to make the stinkiest stinky tofu, etc.)

[quote=“Incubus”]The housewives over at the forumsof the Homemakers Union are pretty helpful with questions about living in Taiwan (how to get rid of cockroaches, what brand of front-load washing machine is best, how to make the stinkiest stinky tofu, etc.)[/quote]So what is the point in Forumosa now you’ve introduced me to this one ?