Everesting

299 for 7.5hrs on a bike with 3 gears…let’s get weird.

1 Like

2 Likes

The three gears part makes sense considering this:

That meant that he was riding a segment averaging an eye-watering gradient of 14%,

You would only be needing three for that kind of uphill struggle. And with that gradient, it wouldn’t take any pedaling to get to a really fast downhill speed (no high gears necessary).

I knew a straight and very steep segment was the way to go. Now I suspect that there is an ideal length for optimum rest but perhaps not too much, but I suspect it would vary for different cyclists.

The power means nothing to me since I have never used a meter. I’m sure it’s just incredible, though!

1 Like

It’s only the beginning…I don’t know why he needed 3, drops on his bars, a rear brake, a shirt, etc.

Not only is it real life he rode an extra 25 minutes or so for some reason…I mean I know why but jeez.

1 Like

Check this profile out… ouch!

UCI legal bike means more time to be had. This profile looks pretty ideal actually. Steep and straight.

2 Likes

Holy wow that’s steep.

2 Likes

As if 8848m elevation gain wasn’t enough…this popped up on my Strava feed yesterday. What I find most impressive is, if the numbers aren’t lying this is a 16h13m attempt with 16h02m moving time.

Disclaimer: not me. not me. not me. not me.

So 28 times up and down the same 300m+ mountain (if I didn’t screw up on the counting)? And one or at the most two 7-11 bathroom breaks? He must’ve had someone at the bottom passing him food and collecting his trash. And some of it must have been done in the dark. That’s insane. Who is this crazy person?

He did it again.

1 Like