Evidence of FLG organ harvesting? [Poll added]

Bah!

Some good links:

Village Voice story [color=green]from 2001[/color]

Blog entry: Chinese Organ harvesting: Fact of Fiction?

Former MP David Kilgour (back), and respected human rights lawyer David Matas (front) attend a press conference, in Ottawa July 6, 2006, to release their investigation report on organ harvesting of live Falun Gong practitioners. (Chun Zhu/The Epoch Times)

true.

Another update on the story that no one wants to hear… (Not much of an update really, more like a one-year-on round-up.)

[quote]More Evidence of China’s Organ Harvesting Surfaces
Despite the world’s condemnation, the crime continues one year after its first exposure
By Li Tu, Fang Han and Shi Yu
Epoch Times Staff
On March 9, 2006, the first witness from mainland China came forward to disclose the shocking news: The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) harvested organs from still alive Falun Gong in concentration and forced labor camps, and sold them for enormous profits.

This news shocked the world. Within a year, more witnesses stepped forward prompting several in-depth investigations, including a Canadian independent investigation team which released two groundbreaking reports.

Many of these sources confirmed the credibility of the allegation: China’s massive organ harvesting of living Falun Gong practitioners was found in labor camps and prisons partnered with hospitals, especially military hospitals and correlated governmental organizations in the country. More importantly, the crime continues to this day.
Story continues…[/quote]
Photo from there:

A reenactment of an organ harvesting surgery (The Epoch Times)

I added a poll to this thread. It got exactly no voters in the past three days. Maybe I should change it to “Was Anna Nicole-Smith hot or not?” That’s a much more interesting subject.

Hmmm. Just thinking outside the box here, but I speak passable Chinese and do have some medical background - I know my body parts at least. So what sort of commissions do ya reckon one could pull on sealing a few transplants?

If you feel shy posting, then feel free to PM me. All reasonable offers considered. And if you happen to have a grandad with a tricky ticker or dodgy kidney or two, well I might just have a friend who might know someone, who knows someone . . .

I mean it’s an awful business and all, don’t get me wrong, but well, you know, a man’s gotta eat, even if it is stir-fried baby in a piquant gravy . . . I suppose apple sauce would work, no?

Happy floating! Oh! And do remember to live a clean life, we could definitely get better returns on healthy produce.

HG

That’s a good point.

I don’t recall the Kilgour report specifically addressing that line of disproof.

But nonetheless, the report is pretty convincing with its model of a large pool of anonymous FLG protesters who were rounded up during the initial crackdown period. I think that is one of its strong points as far as offering proof of the crime. By the Chinese state’s own numbers, it is hard to explain how they achieved such a rapid and accelerating growth rate in numbers of transplants done. It is truly unmatched in the world despite a relatively crude medical system overall. This strongly suggests the existence of a focused program with access to a large docile pool of donors.

Once a business is started however, there is always a lot of pressure to keep it going. As they run out of FLG organs, we should expect a growing number of unsolved disappearances and shady characters lurking around poor districts.

A good proxy of transplant numbers is the sales of anti-rejection drugs to China. I wonder where these drugs are imported from?

If I wanted a new ticker I would specify an FLG prisoner as the donor as they are likely to have been healthier.

It is likely given that the hospitals these operations are performed in are government or PLA owned, therefore the government is in a position to know how many operations are performed and who the donors are.

If I was conducting organ harvesting I would do it in a PLA hospital where secrecy is paramount and only a very actively concerned ranking government cadre would be able to find out what was going on.

What is the source of the statistics on prisoner numbers, FLG arrests and executions, and the proportion FLG members make up of the prison population?

The population estimates for China are accurate to the nearest few hundred million. Nobody knows how many people are in Shanghai. The government could disappear 10 million people tomorrow and no-one would be any the wiser. After reading Eighteen Layers of Hell in 1998 I tried to find the huge prison referred to in the book. It was apparently within two miles of my apartment. I couldn’t find it. Estimates of numbers in China are always pure guesswork. Who knows if the FLG even exists any more?

1 Like