Evolution Combat Teams up with Kamphuis-Machado BJJ

Some people have been asking me about this so here it is . Evolution Combat has now affiliated itself with Stephen Kamphuis and his Branch of Machado BJJ in the Philippines.

Also the Evolution Combat competition team just returned from the Pan Asian Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Championships in Manila . Props to all the guys who competed and to the guys who didn’t but leant there support in helping to get the others in competition form .

Scott got a silver in the beginners no gi division and I got gold in the senior gi and silver in the advanced no gi .

Special credit goes out to Anders who despite fracturing his collar bone playing rugby 1 month before the competition and not being able to train at all still competed . Also Demitri who after training for only one month still entered the comp and fought his heart out .

All in all it was a great comp and we all had a great time .

Im working on getting Machado Black belt and Australian MMA champion Anthony Perosh over for a seminar . He will be competing in an upcoming UFC so it will be sometime after that though .

Gord

Thanks for the mention Gordon. The competition was a great experience and I am really happy I went. I will be training even harder now to improve my performance for next comp.
Also thanks for great instruction. You have made some really good fighters at your club. I think we are getting better and stronger by the day due to the great team atmosphere and friendship that the club offers.

I recomend anyone interested in learning Martial Arts to come down to the club. Gordon has alot of experience and makes learning all the styles alot of fun.
You can read a lttle about him at our website www.evolutioncombat.com

Well ,thank you Scott . Now I feel double guilty that I forgot to mention that besides getting the silver in no gi Scott also got a bronze in the white belt gi division .

I owe u a spaghetti dinner at Jolly bee next time we’re in Manila !

Gord

I was looking at your site and it seems to be what I am looking for. Is your club MMA training? I would like to give it a try but would rather keep all my teeth :slight_smile:
I have done some wingchun, probably useless in MMA though.

Well done on the competition.

The experience was incredible.
You can really find out what its all about when you go to a competition like this. There was alot of positive spirits and good old healthy competitivness at the comp, so it gave me a good idea as to what the world of bjj is like. Thanks Gord for giving me the oppurtunity to come participate and train with you guys every week. It really has given me ALOT of inspiration to come train my hardest and smartest everytime i come out.
If you guys out there are interested in the REAL DEAL of martial arts come check out gords club.

Cheers, C YA ON DA MATS

I love learning BJJ. It’s been the best thing in my life so far. I may come and check out Gordan’s club soon.
Hope there are some girls there.:beer:

[quote=“Namahottie”]I love learning BJJ. It’s been the best thing in my life so far. I may come and check out Gordan’s club soon.
Hope there are some girls there.:beer:[/quote]

Hope to see you at the club m8. Would be great having another BJJ’er down at the club. How much experience do you have?

[quote=“Ozzy”][quote=“Namahottie”]I love learning BJJ. It’s been the best thing in my life so far. I may come and check out Gordan’s club soon.
Hope there are some girls there.:beer:[/quote]

Hope to see you at the club m8. Would be great having another BJJ’er down at the club. How much experience do you have?[/quote]

I’m a white belt with 4 months experience but a fast learner. and It’s helped me lose a lot of weight. But I love the challenge of it all.

Cool! Where did you train? Training with the gi in this weather is like running in the sauna.Great for weight loss :laughing:

I’ve been learning in Taiwan. At another dojo. I’ve been inactive for 2 weeks, but if I get back by this summer my body should be slamming. Hallijueha…

[quote=“Namahottie”]
I’ve been learning in Taiwan. At another dojo. I’ve been inactive for 2 weeks, but if I get back by this summer my body should be slamming. Hallijueha…[/quote]

:laughing: slamming!! LOL

Hope to see you on the mats soon! :beer:

[quote=“Ozzy”][quote=“Namahottie”]
I’ve been learning in Taiwan. At another dojo. I’ve been inactive for 2 weeks, but if I get back by this summer my body should be slamming. Hallijueha…[/quote]

:laughing: slamming!! LOL

Hope to see you on the mats soon! :beer:[/quote]

Okay deal :beer:

[quote=“newguy”]I was looking at your site and it seems to be what I am looking for. Is your club MMA training? I would like to give it a try but would rather keep all my teeth :slight_smile:
I have done some wingchun, probably useless in MMA though.

Well done on the competition.[/quote]

Hello newguy .Thanks .

Yes we do train MMA .Don’t worry about losing your teeth while training . We train smart to avoid injuries . MMA training consists of a lot of partner drills and controlled sparring , the goal while training is to improve your game and sharpen your skills rather than take your partners head off .

Its cool that you have done Wing Chun I also do Wing Chun and Ba Gua .
I have a lot of respect for kung – fu . Kung – Fu can be very effective if done right and trained properly .

I’ve been considering reopening my Kung fu class at my gym but the hard part is finding a time slot in my schedule . I like to mix my wing chun with Ba Gua and a bit of wrestling for good measure .

Gord