INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup butter
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 cups milk
6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
DIRECTIONS:
Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta to serve.

Please use dehydrated or crystallized garlic not powder or garlic salt. But fresh is always better.

Use only white pepper or don’t use any while cooking. Crack fresh pepper into the tossed pasta.

And please tell me you used fresh grated not canned parmesan!

Try this: Take your chicken breasts or “tenders” and fry them in some of the butter, pepper and spices like oregano. Once cooked to golden brown take them out and make the sauce as you say here in the same pan.

When the sauce is done add the chicken in to heat. Toss into the pasta. You can add steamed veggies to make “Prema Vera”

[quote=“Chicken”]Please use dehydrated or crystallized garlic not powder or garlic salt. But fresh is always better.

Use only white pepper or don’t use any while cooking. Crack fresh pepper into the tossed pasta.

And please tell me you used fresh grated not canned parmesan!

Try this: Take your chicken breasts or “tenders” and fry them in some of the butter, pepper and spices like oregano. Once cooked to golden brown take them out and make the sauce as you say here in the same pan.

When the sauce is done add the chicken in to heat. Toss into the pasta. You can add steamed veggies to make “Prema Vera”[/quote]

Thanks for the advice.

I did use fresh grated parmesan.

Why shouldn’t I use black pepper while cooking?

Also. What would the equivalent of fresh garlic to powder be?

Thanks again

Black pepper is used in dark sauces not white because of colour. Sorry.
If you put it in near the end it is better and funnier to use a pepper shaker to add it at the table. They taste the same. If you cook the pepper then it should be added early. I add it to the chicken to fry.

Garlic is a to taste thing, like salt and pepper so you can add a little or a lot. I use 1 garlic per person plus one for the pot. So for 4 people you use about 1/2 a clove.

Also salt does not need to be cooked. Try to add it as late as you can. I would even use unsalted butter if you can.

Do you make housecalls?

jdslobbers

i use the same reciepe and it’s the BOMB, especially with the cream cheese which gives it a nice creamy texture. Add some steamed broccoli with lemon pepper on the broccoli and it kicks it up a notch. I even made it with lemon pepper in the sauce and it had a subtle lemon flavor. Good post. :bravo: