Exchanging scooter license in the UK

I know Taiwanese driving licences can now be exchanged for UK ones (seems risky to me) but can I exchange my scooter licence for the UK equivalent? Has anyone tried?

I’d be surprised if you can. To my knowledge, scooter licenses are not part of Taiwan’s international reciprocation program for license exchanges. The program only applies to car licenses.

1 Like

I’m 99% sure you cannot, but that you can exchange a car license which allows you to ride a 50cc scooter.

3 Likes

in UK ex NI, its Category P (I had IE version one valid in England, NI may have different rules,) and in real life most can go faster than 45.

You can drive 2-wheeled vehicles with a maximum design speed of over 45km/h (28mph) but not more than 50km/h (31mph).

Its engine size must not be more than 50cc if powered by an internal combustion engine.

more info

1 Like

I exchanged mine in VIC Australia.
Just need a NAATI accredited translation and to show vicroads the original

Scooter license? What year was that?

Yep… um 2018 I think

1 Like

I think you need to get a proper motorbike license in the UK to be able to be equivalent to Taiwan’s normal scooter license.

1 Like

Straight from the horse’s mouth. On the UK side, you’ll only get a license up to 50 cc.

2 Likes