Expat tattoos face with 臺灣 and independence flag

The whole thing’s just batshit crazy. It’s difficult to know where to start.

1 Like

He was on the TV news yesterday, and the story popped up on weibo too, alongside references to drinking in moderation. Whole thing is tragicomic, without the comedy.

2 Likes

The Kayak Klub - daylie dringk shpeshals
Mon. servive an hour without brekking a toe on our elegantly varnished retired cable spools - a sip of whatevas leftover frum the fridge
Tues. pound 2 beers end make it up then down owr ninja lader to the 2nd floor bogs(must not bark shins) - a sip of the ownrs’ drink o the nite
Wed. survive 2 hours in owr luxerous porch lawn chairs - owner brings beer to you.
Thurs. first 3 customers get a chair
Fri. business tutorial night - free peanuts
Sat. closed - owner spendign profitts at regular club (research perposes)

4 Likes

On the ‘menu’ he’s written on the wall, alongside “spag bol” and “propa chips” he has “Raw onions”.

2 Likes

Felt like I was having a stroke reading this

2 Likes

I’ll have a whisky, a rum, a gin, a warm beer, and some raw onions please landlord. Stick it all in a pint glass.

1 Like

Can not a man have a dream?

2 Likes

iirc that place closed down months ago. even tried to get rid of those tables aka cable reels via fb.

imo it’s really amazing how a guy in his position still finds the time and money to travel abroad. does he still get buxiban jobs? i doubt it. financial support from his (ex) laopo? highly doubt that.

probably should’ve invested that travel money for that tattoo removal:p

A horrible thought ocurred to me in response to your question.

This guy is like Eddie the Eagle, except with bar-tending in place of ski-jumping.

3 Likes

He’s probably on the lam from the loan sharks.

The slop of baked beans beside some old toast looked especially appetizing…

1 Like

You know those pictures are like a traffic accident that I keep going back to look at. If I place the blotto yutz flatlandr of yor in that establishment, I see far too many painful experiences. I can only imagine what that guy’s in-laws were thinking at that point.

1 Like

You live in Kaohsiung. What’s your excuse for not patronizing that fine establishment?

An interest in self-preservation and an unscathed forehead.

You 30-somethings just have no sense of adventure these days. Don’t you want to have interesting stories to tell your grandkids?

That’s a crying shame. It just shows how tough running a bar is in Taiwan. If an establishment like that can’t make a profit then I don’t know where could.

4 Likes

This is so hilarious and sad at the same time.

His bar and the news about him seem just so unreal it’s like a character in a movie.

“It was previously reported Paul had been arrested for drink-driving and once firebombed a corner shop with a Molotov cocktail over a hamburger.”

Jesus fucking Christ.

3 Likes

Sounds like some sort of Klingon insult!

1 Like

At least Klingons never got gang-bashed by Chinese triads in Cambodia.