Explain this advert please

Taiwanese, in general, have no idea what would make the country attractive to visitors. I have no idea why the gov’t doesn’t simply hire whatever companies do ads for Malaysia and Korea and Vietnam.

4 Likes

Ladyboys, ladyboys would make the country attractive to visitors.

And betelnut.

“Taiwan, come for the ladyboys, stay for the betelnut”

2 Likes

Most other countries put a pitch out to multiple ad agency’s and let them compete, here it’s the job of a relative, family first :wink:

Recently there was an advert on ICRT trying to get western tourists to visit Taiwan. One of the selling points was that there are a lot of convenience stores.

Totally clueless.

4 Likes

Why would ICRT air an advert promoting travel to Taiwan? Nobody outside of Taiwan would even know what ICRT is.

We are meeting in Taiwan because the target audience of that ad is already in Taiwan. I guess that banner isn’t in London, right? xD

Yet. The coolest things like this crazy festival they hold every year in Danshui goes unmarketed.

P_20190608_160946
P_20190608_161203

1 Like

Apologies, it was not an airport.
The advert is at Victoria Station.

That was the initial oddity.

“Come to Taiwan, it’s not too bad.”

Actually we had a barman from the pub back home who thought he was going to Thailand, but booked to Taiwan. A nice lad, but thick as a whale sandwich.

NYC subway campaign. Attractive artwork though many cars didn’t even say “Taiwan” and didn’t have so much as a QR code to direct people to possible info.

Of course, this is my favorite tourism site.

3 Likes

I’d love a nice glass of wishky.

2 Likes

I think you’ve had enough already, buddy.

1 Like

‘Famous’ fishball snacks at danshui ?

If I didn’t know anything about Taiwan, that New York subway ad would make me think it must be something like Wakanda.

1 Like

A lost kingdom with advanced technology and aboriginal inhabitants?

a kingdom of lost wankers?

wait, no, that’s Forumosa :rofl:

Use of weird slang that no one uses in the Native land and hence can be used to embarrass/humilliate any Native who dares to comment on it? Check.

Weird Chinglish no one understands? Check.

Images taken from a brochure dating 20 years ago? Check.

There is a “ladies on top of a platform car with disco lighst and music” festival held down South. Lemme look for it.

To a degree, yes. The doddle bit makes sense with regards to the direct flights. Doddle is regularly used by limeys. After that it makes little sense.

You’re right, there’s no way a British copywriter would have written that.