Explain this advert please

We answered the OP on Wednesday. It’s Thursday now. On Thursday we do free jazz riffing and word association.

Huh? Where do you get this idea from?
Complete opposite from my experience.
Taiwanese love to show of this stuff to foreigners when they have the chance.

Well, they don’t use it as a selling point in their tourism campaigns.

If I were in charge of attracting western tourists to Taiwan I would target the tourist who thinks he’s a traveler. The guy who bores everyone about the time he visited North Korea.

Sell the exotic. Weird food, guys sticking needles in their cheeks, incense clouds outside temples. Shit like that.

I stopped by to see the Dragon Boats last weekend and don’t know that I’ve seen that many white people in the same place outside of Europe or America before. I bumped into a few (Taiwanese) friends and was chatting with them when one of them asked (me) why so many ‘foreigners’ were there.

2 Likes

Have I told you about the time I told my roomates I wante dto se the Dragon Boat races? They had actually never been to one in Taipei. So I told them our school told us they were being held by Keelung river and that to get to the racing spot we should get off at Yuanshan MRT station and get on a shuttle. They told me that was not necessary, we could take a bus by the house. OK, I thought, they should know better.

We ended up in Keelung city. I watched helplessly as we got on the highway, since they resorted to the usual Taiwanese stance of falling asleep as soon as their heads hit the seat. We get off and they ask where are the races? Down in Taipei, I tell em…

But are a mystery now!