Extend finding job ARC

Hi everyone,

I had graduated in Taiwan since 2020, September 5th and I am working in Taiwan company now. My company plans to open a Representative Office in Vietnam, so they want to send me back to Viet Nam. So I will end the contract in Taiwan and sign a new contract with Representative office in Vietnam. In this case, I am no longer belong to Taiwan company, could I apply for finding job ARC? and if I can, if I hold the finding job ARC, do it mandatory to stay in Taiwan ?

Thank you & best regards,

I don’t think there is a “finding job ARC”. You might mean an extension to your ARC. If you are changing jobs and leaving the country, but you need a little more time to stay in Taiwan, you likely can get a 2 or 6 month extension. You can ask at the NIA.
It is never mandatory to stay in Taiwan (unless you’ve committed a crime). If you get an extension, you can leave at any time.
Since it’s all the same company, your company may be able to just not cancel your work permit until you are ready to leave. That way you can keep your current ARC, unless it expires soon.

1 Like