Extension of marriage ARC in Taiwan, while outside Taiwan -- Help

If you have any plans to live in Russia for a bit. Acquiring Taiwanese nationality would mean if you live in Russia for three years, you can get Russian back without giving up Taiwanese.

A friendly reminder: under ROC law, mainland China is part of the ROC, so legally you are not in a foreign country while in mainland China, and vice-versa. It’s just one of those things. :yin_yang: I’ve changed the thread title accordingly.

You may debate the political implications of this to your hearts’ content in TP or IP. Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok good to know, thx. Though not really planning on doing this, I left when I was quite young and I d only go back to see my parents once a year pre covid and to deal with some occasional business. So deffinetly not spending 3 years of my life there. If I was not married, and no covid, I d probably would be already living in Spain and around Europe.

Ok, thx. I wouldn’t debate about this, however as the old saying goes: “If it looks like a fish, if it smells like a fish, moves like a fish, it’s a fish.” To me it doesn’t look like a fish, therefore it’s not. That’s just my opinion. :slight_smile: