Extremely strong glue

I need to repair a fossil dinosaur egg which has split. Need an extremely strong glue which will keep it together. If anyone knows the sort of place that does them to save me traipsing around.

Krazy Glue if that brand is available anywhere or similar. As strong as possible.

Thanks

Isn’t Krazy Glue just a brand of cyanoacrylate? You can get that in literally every everything store and convenience store (including other famous brands, like Loctite I think).

Or clear epoxy resin, which I believe is stronger than cyanoacrylate (at least in terms of shear strength). I guess you’d want the high-viscosity type for what you’re trying to do, but you’d have to check.

1 Like

I would also like some extremely strong glue please. Also for my broken dinosaur egg. Thanks.

1 Like

I recommend a German brand Kovulfix.

IT is supposed to be used for leather stuff but I use it as a superglue for everything.

Go to 7-11 and ask for “san meow jau” super glue, costs about 20 NT$ a pack.

That sounds a good option. I prefer foreign brands than a Taiwan brand (I haven’t had much luck with Taiwane-branded items in the past)

1 Like

Can you get your broken dinosaur to lay you a new one?

1 Like

Go to any hardware store… They will have this. Even B&Q

They actually have different viscocities… Thicker ones dry slower.

What you want to do is piece the cracks together so it fits without any gap. Then you wick the thin CA (the CA-155 version) right into it. However depending on the material it may still require upwards of a minute before it will hold so you will want accelerators. The accelerator will make it set immediately. But wick it in, spray accelerator, and it’s done.

But CA has poor shear strength so you will want to use this as a means to tack things together… and careful with epoxies. Many of them turns into rubbery mess when it cures, which is not good. Especially if you got the ratio wrong.

Loctite 270 may be the tool for the job.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. I will have a look and see which is most suitable. It it this egg, originally it is a pair, but one of the eggs has come detached from the matrix base, but should be repairable. Since it’s rock, I want the strongest of glues to reattach it.