Eyebrow-raising white powders in luggage

Whoa you’re bringing cyanide? Cooooool.

2 Likes

don’t mess with the Canary!

Just for another data point, I’ve carried protein powder and crushed up gym chalk (white powder) through lots of airports with no problems or even questions.

1 Like

A decade or two ago I had my carry-on vacuumed for explosives, in Frankfurt, in transit.

Yes, but will it perforate your septum? :thinking:

3 Likes

Are you always so suspicious of people?
Okay. I’ll tell, but only because I want everyone to piece together what these supplies might actually be used for. :ponder: (not necessarily all at the same time)
Sodium alginate
Sodium carbonate
Sodium sulfate
Aluminum sulfate
Methylcellulose
Urea
Ascorbic acid

You’re giving @Dr_Milker his annual deworming?

7 Likes

You could just pee and dry it!

1 Like

Ok here goes…

I’d say bring the sodium alginate, the stuff is expensive but it’s definitely not a poison. It’s food grade chemical. Put a label on it and include a SDS.

Leave the sodium carbonate, sulfate, and aluminum sulfate. These chemicals are very cheap in Taiwan and readily available. At less than 50nt per kg. Same with urea. Urea is literally 30nt per kg.

Bring the expensive stuff, label it, and include safety data sheet. Leave the cheap stuff, you need the space in your luggage.

I’m sorry for being a bit harsh but I am trying to look out for your safety too. And yes customs officials are always suspicious.

I guess you are trying to tie dye T shirts because those look like the same chemicals I use to make tie dye shirts with. Methylcellulose is useless for that though, as the fiber reactive dye reacts with the CMC and renders it useless.

4 Likes

Dang that was fast. It is dying, but not tie dye. I do batik 蠟染

San Marcos river tubing

3 Likes

Is this stuff I could walk into a store and buy?

Oh boy I want to play.

Well evidently if you pee you qualify. Good grief, I hope there’s a rinse or fifty involved.

Yes! The batik even has a cooler of beer in a couple of the tubes. I’ll actually be in San Marcos later today. My daughter is moving there. I might need to go swimming

1 Like

For all that’s holy, let’s us please keep San Marcos out of the public’s attention. Please!

I do not understand

I am trying my best to keep San Marcos real estate prices down, and you’re not helping !!

Maybe they’ll all go back to California. One can hope.

1 Like

Yes. Taiwan does not ask questions.

In that same store you can buy the chemicals you need to blow it to smithereens if you are so inclined. So you don’t need special license or anything to buy chemicals. That same store also sold white phosphorous, picric acid, hydrofluoric acid, etc.

But you better know what you are doing though, because once it leaves the store it’s no longer their problem. And these chemicals will KILL you. They mostly cater to people making their own shampoo and stuff.

Another thing you want to bring is Procion MX dyes. They do not have them here.

If you buy concentrated nitric acid and sulfuric acid they will need to see your ID and log the sale.

2 Likes

Made with chemicals you can buy at Tienshui rd.

1 Like