Eyebrow threading in Taipei or Taoyuan

Desperately looking for a place that does eyebrow threading in Taipei, Taoyuan/Zhongli? Anyone? The last thread on this subject is from 2011… Thank you!

I go to a place in Xindian. If convenient, PM me for the address.

There are two places at the Rouhe Night Market, Songshan.

When you enter the market from the MRT entrance, you walk down half way, the first place is on your left. You’ll see the ladies sitting outside with lamps hanging down threading peoples faces. It’s very public and you’ll sometimes need to wait a while during busy times. Eyebrow threading there costs $150NT. The other place a bit further down on the right, is indoors and you get to lie down. It’s a bit more comfortable and less public. I think it’s supposed to be $200NT but I was only charged $100NT and didn’t have to wait. Good luck!

1 Like

Hi, we have recently shifted in Taipei this Jun, 2019. Please anyone can advice place to get eyebrows threading in new Taipei city. I’m currently in xinzhuang district. Not able to find good beauty parlour here for face threading and waxing.

1 Like

Welcome, newbmeister, @Tripta
On behalf of this strange community I wish you Godspeed in finding an eyebrow threading salon in New Jack City, errr, in the outer forests of 天龍, errr, in that area formely a ____ty

Hi,
we have recently shifted in Taipei this Jun, 2019. Please anyone can suggest place/parlour to get eyebrows threading in new Taipei city. I’m currently in xinzhuang district.
All threads are 4yrs old on this topic, so not sure about it.
Any suggestions , please…

Lots of interesting things to discover and explore in Taiwan when I move there.

Do you absolutely have to have them threaded or can you accept other forms of eyebrow grooming?

I always got it done with thread but if not possible here, please suggest what else can be done to get eyebrows shaping done and where. Highly appreciate your response.

You can actually get your eyebrows and any unwanted facial hair threaded for cheap in some night markets, but I really don’t recommend that because I’m not sure how sanitary it is. You should go to a salon to have them done by a professional. They usually do some combination of waxing, trimming, and/or shaving. Microblading is also becoming more and more popular here if that’s something you need or desire.

Before I make any specific recommendations, I think it prudent to mention that East Asian people tend to have a pretty specific type of eyebrow hair, growth pattern, and shape, and so the professionals here have much more experience catering to the local “breed” of eyebrow, so to speak.

Would you say that your brows are vastly different from the typical East Asian person’s brows? Would you be able to describe what you want in Mandarin, or do you need someone who speaks English?

1 Like

I got mine in Xindian, which is a bit far from Xinzhuang. Very clean, I usually get both face and eyebrows done.

That said, current fashion here and what most salons do is shaving and semi or permanent tattoo/microblading eyebrows. Pretty cool and lasting.

And as said, you can always try traditional places here. I know of a couple of places in Shilin night market where they do threading, massage, pedicures, the works.

Hi Hanna149,

I prefer English speaking, and will definitely prefer saloon as I got sensitive skin. I’ve never done Microblading. Please share name and address of Saloon if you know where I can go this weekend. Thanks in advance…I was in desperate search for it :slight_smile:

Hi Icon,
Thanks for your reply. Please if you can share the details of the parlour in Xindian (name, address and phone) will help me a lot.

Also where in Shilin night market? Any landmark as I’m not yet well versed with places here. It will take some time.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

You should definitely try the eyebrow tattooing. It really looks great especially when it’s done with dark ink.

Right across from the Shilin cinema.

You sure about Xindian? Pretty far out for you. I am hoping someone will suggest a place closer to you. Oh and it is not English speaking. But she is good and affordable.

It is quite fashionable with guys in Taiwan too.

The salons I know are a bit far away from Xinzhuang, too…

I know there’s some counters at the malls and even at certain Watson’s where they’ll shape your brows, but I’m not sure about finding someone who can speak English.

OP, do you have or can you obtain a photo of what kind of eyebrows you want?

20190628_173450

Bus 644 from Boai Road in taipei or any station along green line MRT up to Qizhang.

1 Like

Hi,
we have recently shifted in Taipei this Jun, 2019. Please anyone can suggest place/parlour to get eyebrows threading in new Taipei city. I’m currently in xinzhuang district.
All threads are 4yrs old on this topic, so not sure about it.
Any suggestions , please…

Thanks Icon.