FA Cup on TV?

Doesn’t appear to be on ESPN or Star Sports. Does one of the local channels have it?

Past experience would say “no”. After all, why show one of the most popular sporting events in the world when you can show replays of the the Manila under-16’s pool championships?

If you’re in one of the big cities then your friendly neighbourhood foreign pub will doubtless have it on. That’s where I’m headed for the game.

Past experience would say “no”. After all, why show one of the most popular sporting events in the world when you can show replays of the the Manila under-16’s pool championships?

If you’re in one of the big cities then your friendly neighbourhood foreign pub will doubtless have it on. That’s where I’m headed for the game.[/quote]

actually they are showing, ahem, LPGA tour golf…obviously a far more exciting event…

as an aside anyone else feeling that terrible end-of-season emptiness?

something’s missing in my life…still just noticed i’ll be in Bangkok during the Asian cup so I might have to pop along for Thailand vs the Aussie bleeders…

Any choices in Taipei other than Tavern or Brass Monkey that you’de recommend Taffy?

Any choices in Taipei other than Tavern or Brass Monkey that you’de recommend Taffy?

Either JB’s (148 Shida Rd, Taipower MRT) or On Tap (near the Ren’ai/Yanji St junction) would be my preference. I’ll probably head to On Tap to settle a wager with the barman who, regrettably, is a Liverpool fan.

Both places have good stout (essential for my patronage), reasonably big screens and decent food (JBs grub is generally very good). On Tap is open until damn near sunrise, perfect for celebrating or drowning sorrows (depending on the result) well into the wee hours.

Alas, I’m stuck in the wilderness of Taidong (“Satellites? so that’s what those strange lights in the sky are- we thought they were fire balloons”)

What time is the FA Cup showing tomorrow in bars etc…?

Bugger. Time for a weekend trip to civilisation (or maybe Kaohsiung, if the first is too far away).

Kick off is at 10pm. For the big bars, best to get there well in advance to get a seat.

For a list of bars and other places around Taiwan that have the FA Cup go to this link and choose the closest city to you.

forum.taiwansatellite.tv/viewforum.php?f=12

For those bars with Dream TV or UBC Star Sports and also live at bars with Supersports

Schedules cna be found here www.taiwansatellite.tv click on the sport channel links

19-May-07 21:00 Soccer/Futbol STAR Sports THE FA CUP PROGRAMMING
THE FA CUP - “ROAD TO WEMBLEY” (L)

19-May-07 21:55 Soccer/Futbol STAR Sports FA CUP 2006/07
LONDON, ENGLAND
Chelsea Vs Manchester United
Final (L) 02:05
20-May-07 00:00 Soccer/Futbol STAR Sports FA CUP
WEMBLEY WINNERS (L)

river in chung li will be showing the game upstairs in the restaurant, according to kim.

[quote=“Taffy”]Either JB’s (148 Shi-Da Rd, Taipower MRT) or On Tap (near the Ren’ai/Yanji St junction) would be my preference. I’ll probably head to On Tap to settle a wager with the barman who, regrettably, is a Liverpool fan.

Both places have good stout (essential for my patronage), reasonably big screens and decent food (JBs grub is generally very good). On Tap is open until damn near sunrise, perfect for celebrating or drowning sorrows (depending on the result) well into the wee hours.[/quote]

Hard luck, Taffy. Coming 4th in Europe is nothing to be ashamed of though :laughing:

[quote=“Barman”][quote=“Taffy”]Either JB’s (148 Shi-Da Rd, Taipower MRT) or On Tap (near the Ren’ai/Yanji St junction) would be my preference. I’ll probably head to On Tap to settle a wager with the barman who, regrettably, is a Liverpool fan.

Both places have good stout (essential for my patronage), reasonably big screens and decent food (JBs grub is generally very good). On Tap is open until damn near sunrise, perfect for celebrating or drowning sorrows (depending on the result) well into the wee hours.[/quote]

Hard luck, Taffy. Coming 4th in Europe is nothing to be ashamed of though :laughing:[/quote]

Bah. Being a true Brit (!) obviously I feel that winning the Premiership is the pinnacle of footballing achievement. Let Johnny Foreigner keep his acclaim and the big shiny trophy. :raspberry:

[quote=“Taffy”][quote=“Barman”][quote=“Taffy”]Either JB’s (148 Shi-Da Rd, Taipower MRT) or On Tap (near the Ren’ai/Yanji St junction) would be my preference. I’ll probably head to On Tap to settle a wager with the barman who, regrettably, is a Liverpool fan.

Hard luck, Taffy. Coming 4th in Europe is nothing to be ashamed of though :laughing:[/quote]

Bah. Being a true Brit (!) obviously I feel that winning the Premiership is the pinnacle of footballing achievement. Let Johnny Foreigner keep his acclaim and the big shiny trophy. :raspberry:[/quote]

Having said that, I thought Sir Fergie would have been happy with the amount of championships he has already in the bag and would have preferred to add to the solitary effort in 1999? :stuck_out_tongue: